Every living organism has the following six characteristics that make it a living thing; they breed/reproduce, it needs energy, it reacts to their environment, it has a life span, its made of one or more cells, and everything produces waste.
- Humans give birth to their babies.
- Humans grow as they get older. The average size of a grown man is 5'11 and a grown women is 5'3.
- Humans get energy from food. (Ex: meat, dairy, grains, fruits and vegetables)
- Humans react the their environment by either move to a different area, or they will adapt to the area.
- The life span of a human is 122 years old, but the average life span for men is 68 and the average for females is 73 years old.
- Humans are multi cellular witch mean that we are made up of more than one cell when most living things are unicellular and are only made up of one cell. humans are made up of over 175 different cells. 5 of the kinds of cells are Nerve cells, Cartilage cells, Bone cells, Epithelial cells, and Muscle cells.
- Humans produce urine, and feces. Humans also produce carbon dioxide when we breath out.
- Common house flies lay eggs on feces, garbage, rotting food, etc.
- Flies start as maggots/larvae and grow into flies. A maggot is the size of a grain of rice.
- Just like humans flies would get energy from food.
- Pretty simple if a fly does not like its environment it will fly away.
- The life span of a fly is approximately 25-30 days depending on temperature and living conditions.
- A fly is multi cellular because you can see it.
- A sunflower has seeds that blow away in the wind and when the seed land on the ground and eventually is will get pushed under the dirt and starts to grow.
- A sunflower can grow up to 4 meters tall.
- A sunflower can live up to one year.
- A sunflower will die if it gets below -2 degrees Celsius if it is living in a dry environment is will die if it doesn't have enough water.
- A sunflower is a multi cellular organism.