March 18, 2019
A Happy Story
2019 March - HRS Level Teacher/Staff Survey
Timeline for completion: Wednesday, March 20 -- Friday, March 29.
Last year we began development of the High Reliability Schools framework by administering the HRS Level 1 Survey. That data established a baseline and provided initial evidence of the PLC process on each campus. We will now administer the Level 1 Survey again to understand the progress made across the district. The survey is anonymous and will be taken online through SurveyMonkey. The survey should take 20-30 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by Friday, March 29.
Link to Teacher Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NXBHLNJ
From the Registrar
The 3rd 9 week grading period ended Friday, March 8th – right before Spring Break.
Your grades will not be picked up until Wednesday MARCH 20th
Report cards will be in 2nd period teachers’ mailboxes on Friday the 22nd.
Two items of note:
a. Incompletes from the first semester should be cleared by now. I have sent emails to all teachers with outstanding “I” grades. If you have not responded, please do so now. If you aren’t sure, please contact me and I’ll check the status.
b. The Final Class rank and GPA for Seniors will be run at the beginning of April so please encourage any seniors with Incompletes from 3rd 9 weeks (or before) to complete their work asap.
TEAMS Absence Reporting Update
Please take a moment to look at changes when entering an absence in TEAMS:
· You must request a sub….it is no longer the default choice.
· You may only edit future dates, and no dates already approved may be edited.
TEAMS UPDATE WHEN ENTERING AN ABSENCE:
TEAMS received an update on Friday. Employees entering absences through the Employee Service Center (ESC) will see a different user interface (calendar is gone). Please ensure your employees are aware, when inputting an absence through ESC, of the different feel and that they need to actively choose whether or not they need a sub. For more details, please see the information at the following TEAMS support link: http://support.teams.solutions/enhancements/Default.htm#2.11/Finance_MoreInfo/ESC_MyAbsenceReporting.htm
There is a calendar showing work days that is accessible through much clicking in TEAMS in the Employee Service Center.
Here’s how you get to this calendar:
· Log in to your Employee Service Center
· Click on ‘my pay information’ on the left-hand side of the screen
· Highlight the most recent assignment year by clicking on its row
· Click ‘agree’ in the popup box
· After the popup box disappears, click on the blue text (should be your assigned role category, e.g.. ‘paraprof10mo’) beside the ‘calendar name’ text
· A calendar will pop up. You can’t input anything into this calendar, but you can at least see your working days/non-working days.
Important Dates Through END OF THE YEAR!
3/19 -- One Act Play, public performance, theatre
3/20 -- Team Leader Meetings, Lunches
3/21 -- Choir Pre-UIL concert, 7 p.m.
3/22-23 -- Robotics to Greenville District Competition
3/22 -- Report Cards handed out, 2nd period
3/22-23 -- Texas French Symposium @ PESH
3/23 -- P-Town Jazz Festival all day
3/29-30 -- Texas Science & Engineering Fair, TAMU
3/30 -- ASL Performance, Theatre
4/3-4 -- Choir to UIL competition
4/3 -- Dance Class Showcase, 7 p.m., theatre
4/4 -- Orchestra Spring Concert
4/4 -- Service Awards Banquet, Southfork
4/4-7 -- Band Spring Trip to Corpus
4/5 -- Three-week eligibility check
4/5 -- ROTC Awards Ceremony, theatre
4/6-9 -- Choir Spring Trip to New Orleans
4/12 -- Spring Stay Day
4/12 -- chamber Singers Spring concert, Resurrection Lutheran Church
4/11-13 -- Planoettes Spring Show, theatre
4/15 -- Run Progress Reports for all students
4/15 -- ASVAB Testing available to all interested students. See Michelle Mendoza.
4/15 -- National Merit Dinner
4/16 -- Distribute Progress Reports to all students
4/16-18 -- Band UIL
4/18 -- AVID Banquet, Cafeteria
4/19-22 -- Holiday
4/23-24 -- AP Pre-Administration, Lecture Hall
4/24 -- Faculty Meetings, lunches, C111
4/24 -- Spring Fashion Show
4/25-26 -- Sing -- Music Corp spring concert, Theatre, 7:30 p.m.
4/26 -- Blood Drive
4/26-27 -- State VASE, San Marcos
4/27-28 -- PROM
4/29 -- Three-week eligibility check
5/1 -- Senior Lunch, Gym
5/3 -- Staff Appreciation Lunch
5/3-4 -- Percussion Concert, Spettacolo, Theatre
5/6-16 -- AP testing
5/6 -- Senior Awards, Theatre, 6 p.m.
5/6-10 -- Teacher Appreciation Week
5/7 -- AP Art Show, Cafeteria, after school
5/8 -- US History EOC and AP LIterature testing, schoolwide
5/9 -- Teacher of the Year Banquet
5/9 -- Dallas High School Musicals Awards
5/10 -- Pops by the Pond
5/11 -- PSHS Automotive Classes Classic Car Show, Independence Parking Lot
5/16 -- Band Prism Concert
5/21-24 -- Final Exams
5/21 -- Graduation Rehearsal, Gym
5/24 -- Senior Checkout, Gym
6/8 -- Graduation, Frisco Star, 9:30 a.m.
8/1-2 -- Teachers return. Campus inservice on those two days.
Service Pin and Retirement Event, April 4
Just a quick reminder that RSVP’s to the Service Pin and Retirement Event are due this week. Pre-registration is required for all attendees.
Please let Shauna Fry know if you are attending by the end of the day tomorrow, March 19, and she will complete the online registration for us https://goo.gl/forms/N3oIAZzxPzpym0As1.
Please let Erin Street know if you can help asap. Thank you!
Student Teacher, Anyone?
March 5 Board Meeting
The Plano ISD Board of Trustees heard reports and took action on items outlined in the attached school board meeting update at the March 5 meeting.
The agenda, with links to supporting documents and presentations, can be viewed on BoardBook: https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicAgenda.aspx?ak=43910&mk=50301215
Additional board meeting information can be found here: https://www.pisd.edu/Page/19763
Board meetings are also streamed online: www.pisd.edu/pisdlive
I. Campus and Personal Trade Hours: Do you have your hours???
Time to take a pulse check! Wondering how many hours you have logged as campus and personal trade hours? Just email Coryn and she’ll tell you!
II. There are still opportunities to sign up for Wellness PD. Here is the form to sign. We have adjusted the form so that you can sign up for multiple activities/dates at once. Hope you'll participate in these great activities designed to encourage a little self care!
III. Here are the dates when we will have campus pdh. These will also be in the lecture hall from 7:45-8:30, 3:30-4:15, and 4:30-5:15 each day.
3/21/19 Grading Tips sharing/Coryn
4/1/19 IEP Implementation -- our special ed experts will discuss this important topic, B261 @ 8:00, lecture hall @ 3:30 and 4:30.
5/16/19 Collaborative teaming (progress assessment and planning)/Ashley Helms (afternoon times in C111)
These DO count toward your flex/trade hours.
IV. Campus Restorative Team -- Next session is THIS WEEK!
The SEL / Restorative Practices team has been working to put together several sessions of Professional Development for you to attend.
Most of the sessions are available to earn PD credit towards your required number of hours.
We are offering a variety of times for the session throughout the day.
Click the link below to register for the date, time, and room you are interested in. You may sign up for one each month or just select the one(s) that interest you.
We look forward to sharing these strands with you this spring semester.
IV. Our district Social Emotional Learning/Restorative Practices training sessions are now open for enrollment in MyLearning Plan. Please share with your staff members as you see fit.
March 20 --4:00-6:00- -Respect/Relationship Agreements-Bird Center-Building A
April 17 --3:30-5:30- Adult SEL Competence and Wellness- Bird Center-Building A
- LADY WILDCATS vs McKinney Boyd at Boyd, Tue. Mar. 19th. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs McKinney Boyd at Clark East, Tue. Mar. 19th. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- LADY WILDCATS vs Prosper at Clark Stadium, Fri. Mar. 22nd. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs Prosper at Prosper High, Fri. Mar. 22nd. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- JV & VARSITY LADY WILDCATS vs. McKinney Boyd at McKinney Boyd, Fri. Mar. 22nd. JV plays at 5:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:00pm.
- JV LADY WILDCATS at JV Wylie Tournament at Wylie High School, Sat. Mar. 23rd. Time TBD.
- JV & VARSITY WILDCATS vs. Plano West, Tue. Mar. 19th at PSHS. JV plays at 4:30pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- JV & VARSITY WILDCATS vs. Plano West, Fri. Mar. 22nd at Plano West. JV plays at 4:30pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- VARSITY WILDCATS vs. Hebron, Sat. Mar. 23rd at PSHS. Time is 11:00am.
- JV WILDCATS vs. Hebron, Sat. Mar. 23rd at Hebron. Time is 11:00am.
- WILDCATS at Jaguar Invitational, Sat. Mar. 23rd at Williams Stadium in Garland.
- VARSITY BOYS at District Preview - Gentle Creek, Mon. Mar. 18th in Prosper.
- VARSITY GIRLS at Bridlewood - Best ball (Four-ball) format, Wed.Mar. 20th in Flower Mound.
- WILDCATS vs. Cumberland Academy, Sat. Mar. 23rd at Cumberland Academy. Time is 1:30pm.