By Amanda R
What is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is a type of an anxiety disorder, where a person takes feeling and emotions to extremes as they deal with anxiety, depressions and worry.
How does it affect someones life?
OCD can rule a persons entire life because they worry about everything. Often they wont tell someone about this because they are too embarrassed and they aren't able to get the help they need.
How is it treated?
- Cognitive behavioral talk- gives them an opportunity to talk about the illness and other issues has therapy
- Exposure and Ritual prevention- gives exposure little by little and allows them to face their fears but by staying safe
Ask yourself these questions to see if you have OCD?
- Do you have worries, thoughts, images, feelings, or ideas that bother or upset or scare you?
- Do you feel you have to check, repeat, ask, or do things over and over again?
- Do you feel you have to do things a certain number of times, or in a certain pattern?