The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
March 9th, 2018
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
I hope that everyone has recovered from this past storm. Many thanks to the first responders, township staff, and especially our custodial staff for a great clean-up effort. Our custodians never have a snow day. They are in district, risking the bad weather, closed roads, and dangerous conditions, to make sure our school is taken care of and ready to accept students. Please join me in thanking them for their sacrifice and hard work!
- UPDATED SCHOOL CALENDAR: Due to the recent weather-related emergency school closings and previous events, schools will be in session on March 26th, April 2nd, May 25th, and May 29th. The new calendar will be posted on our district website very soon.
- PARCC CALENDAR: In September, we distributed the 2017-2018 Standardized Assessment calendar through the online Friday Folder. A revised schedule is now posted on our website and updated information has also been included in this week's FRIDAY FOLDER. Our dates are coming soon!
- MARCH 14th - Student "walk-out" Event: Several 8th grade students have approached me about the upcoming "walk out" on March 14th. I have been in contact with the Principal of Crossroads North and our Superintendent to discuss a coordinated plan for any middle school students wishing to participate, while keeping our children's safety as top priority. Please look for a separate letter on Monday with information.
- SPRING SPORTS BEGIN: Mr. Kmiec has shared information about the start of Spring Sports and tryouts. Please see the link HERE for detailed information.
- ATTENTION 8th Grade GIRLS: Please join the South Brunswick Women's Commission for their annual Women's Leadership Conference. All 8th Grade students are welcome to attend this wonderful event to learn about their future, network with women in the industry of her choice, and gain inspiration! Please CLICK HERE for the link.
- SPRING CONFERENCES: The CONFERENCE tab in GENESIS is now open. Please refer back to your email regarding Spring Conferences for detailed information.
- ATTENDANCE REMINDERS: Daily attendance in school is a critical factor in the success of your child. Please do your best to minimize the number of days your child is absent from school or is taken out early for appointments. Should your child exceed the number of acceptable days absent as determined by NJ State Law, you will receive a letter from the school.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students has left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. **Bus passes can be checked for boarding.** Thank you for your understanding.
- 3/13 - ONE BOOK CROSSROADS Event (After school) @ SOUTH
- 3/13 - PTO Meeting 7pm @ SOUTH
- 3/14 - District Music Festival 7pm @ SBHS
- 3/16 - "Soup"er Night for Jazz 6pm @ SOUTH
- 3/17 - Women's Leadership Conference @ SBHS
- 3/19 - BOE Meeting 7pm @ NORTH
- 3/20 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Conferences
- 3/21 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Conferences (LATE NIGHT)
- 3/22 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Conferences
- 3/23 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Conferences
- 3/26 - SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
- 3/27 - NO SCHOOL - SPRING BREAK
- 3/28 - NO SCHOOL - SPRING BREAK
- 3/29 - NO SCHOOL - SPRING BREAK
- 3/30 - NO SCHOOL - SPRING BREAK
- 4/2 - SCHOOL IS IN SESSION