Ms. Perry's Cadet Band Class
Wednesday, January 13th
PERCUSSION... stay after school for your sectional today. 2:30-3:30.
Some new Music Terms!! (from yesterday)
rit. Stands for the italian word, "ritardando."
Means "to gradually slow down,"
also known as... WATCH AND FOLLOW MS. PERRY :)
Portsmouth Overture, measure 37
dim. Stands for the italian word, "diminuendo."
Means "to gradually get softer."
a SYNONYM for "decrescendo."
In Class Today:
Do your DWR
-Bb Concert Scale
-Slur two Tongue two
- 11-19: Flutes have melody, clarinets play VERY SOFT (pianissimo, pp)
2nd Time only, saxes: play VERY SOFT (see above)
- 19: Review Rhythm, play through
- 27: A lot like m. 11.... VERY SOFT for clarinet & saxes, flutes have the melody!!
- 35: WATCH MS. PERRY for the rit. (gradually slow down all the way to 39)
- 37: WATCH MS. PERRY for the dim. (gradually get softer all the way to 39)