Components of Fitness
By: Gabrielle Cleaveland
- The ability of the circulatory system (heart and blood vessels) to supply oxygen to working muscleis during exercise.
- Running he helps improve cardiovascular endurance by keeping the heart pumping for an extended period of time
-The range of movement possible at various joints.
- Doing yoga and streching daily helps improve flexibility.
- The amount of force that can be produced by a single contraction of a muscle.
- Weight lifting once or twice a week can improve muscular strenght.
- The ability of a muscle group to contuine muscle movement over a lenght of time
- Doing a set of squates with weights can help improve mucular endurance.
- The relative perceptage of body fat compared to lean body mass
- Aerobic exercise can help with body composition.
-Intergration with hand or foot movements with the input of the senses.
- Jump rope can help improve coordination.
- The ability of the body to change direction quickly.
-Useibg an agility ladder can help improve ones aglity.
-The abilty to maintain an upright posture while still or moving.
- By using a balance board to exercise one can improve his or her own balance.
- The ability to do strenght work at an explosive pace.
- By working on ones vertical leap you can impove the power in your legs.
-Integration with hand or foot movement with the imput of the senses.
- You can imporve your reaction time by bonceing a reaction ball off of a wall and trying to catch it.
- The ability to move quickly from one point to another in a straght line
- Doing short sprints will help improve your speed.