Taylor ISD DuckLink # 53
empowering student success and school improvement
February 26, 2016
Integrating Technology into Our Everyday Classroom Experience
However, educators are often hesitant or unsure of their abilities to integrate technology into their everyday classroom experience. Through careful planning and a sincere desire to facilitate learning, teachers can make necessary changes to embrace what is good about technology and throw away what is bad.
After understanding the why, the big question is, how? How can a teacher fully integrate technology? Here are just a few suggestions to consider.
- Combine the technology with already existing good teaching practices.
- Be flexible and allow your students a choice of technology.
- Blend technology into everyday class routines.
- Don't promote technology as a reward but simply as a tool to learn.
- Consider the location and availability of technology tools.
- When lesson planning ask yourself "How would technology help?"
- Take it slow with one tool at a time until it's second nature.
- Allow your students to teach you.
- Find tools that are useful for a variety of lessons.
Remember, technology should enhance and often augment successfully established teaching practices. If done correctly, technology can help students achieve great success.
Share YouTube Videos without Distractions
Here are a few methods of sharing YouTube videos in your classroom that may be helpful.
- Embed in Google Slides- Create a slideshow at https://docs.google.com/presentation/ and click Insert>Video. Search for a video and select it.
- Use the YT Full Fill Extension- Add this Chrome extension. When you find a YouTube video you want to share, click this extension to display it.
- View Pure- Simply copy and past a YouTube URL into the box on this site. http://viewpure.com/
Signed up for Twitter Yet?
Here is a great list of Education Chats you can join.
Create an account today! https://twitter.com/
Why Teachers Should Use Twitter (Video)
Follow me @edtechminute