The Year of the Hangman
Author: John Blackwood, Smore by: Nick Bergan
When: Late 1700's, roughly around 1777
Where: -Starts in England
-Mainly in New Orleans-Louisiana
-Some Mid England colonies
- Main Character
- Is involved throughout the whole story
- Loyalties sway throughout the whole story
- Dad and Uncle served in war
- Second to main character
- Is Creighton's friend
- Loyal to Rebels/Americans, Creighton, Washington, Arnold
- Creighton goes with his uncle to New Orleans, Louisiana to fight.
- Their voyage ends as their ship gets taken by the Americans and Creighton goes as a spy with a slave cover as his uncle and England loyalists get jailed.
- Creighton gives his uncle secret messages, eventually about the location of the print shop-the origin of the rebel/American plans.
- Creighton befriends Peter, Franklin, and Sophie.
- Creighton finds the print shop ablaze and finds it was done by the English disguised as natives.
- Franklin dies shortly after the print shop becomes on fire.
- Creighton goes with Arnold and Peter to the Colonies as spies in order to find Washington.
- The group infiltrates St. Marks town to the jail for the alleged location of Washington and finds Creighton's dad.
- Peter breaks them out and they all go back home to New Orleans.