Wolcott's Weekly "What's Up"
Office of Teaching & Learning 9.22.2014
September 19 School Improvement Day CPDUs
Activities that increase an educator’s knowledge and/or skills to become better educators will be acceptable. Universities, for instance, may offer credit to teachers supervising student teachers because the activity of supervising a student teacher helps the supervisor reflect on, and improve his or her own teaching. School districts may offer PD credit for in-service days in which PD was provided, or for research projects conducted in buildings or district-wide dealing with student progress. Regional offices may offer workshops and conferences if they choose. The important thing is that any activities being offered must align to the Learning Forward Standards www.learningforward.org/standards/index.cfm and State standards (Illinois Administrative Code, Section 1.Appendix D State Goals for Learning) http://www.isbe.net/rules/archive/pdfs/oneark.pdf.
CPDU's will be issued for all in district professional development including institute days, school improvement trainings sessions, professional development sessions and internal university work.
As of July 1, 2014 all CPDUs have to be entered within 60 days.
Teachers have until December 31st to enter CPDUs that occurred before July 1st of this year.
Upcoming Calkins' Norming Sessions
Monday, September 29 8:00-11:00 am
- Kindergarten: Edgewood, Sipley, Willow Creek
Monday, September 29 12:30-3:30 pm
- First Grade: Edgewood, Sipley, Willow Creek (Katie Matthews)
Tuesday, September 30 8:00-11:00 am
- Bilingual Self-Contained: All Elementary Schools
Tuesday, September 30 12:30-3:30 pm
- Sixth Grade: Edgewood, Sipley, Willow Creek
Wednesday, October 1 8:00-11:00 am
- Second Grade: Edgewood, Sipley, Willow Creek
Wednesday, October 1 12:30-3:30 pm
- Third Grade: Edgewood, Sipley, Willow Creek (Don Mrozik)
Thursday, October 2 8:00-11:00 am
- Fourth Grade: Edgewood, Sipley, Willow Creek
Thursday, October 2 12:30-3:30 pm
- Fifth Grade: Edgewood, Sipley, Willow Creek (Tanya Hughes)
Monday, October 6 8:00-11:00 am
- Kindergarten: Meadowview, Murphy, Goodrich (Regina Leeberg)
Monday, October 6 12:30-3:30 pm
- First Grade: Meadowview, Murphy, Goodrich
Tuesday, October 7 8:00-11:00 am
- Sixth Grade: Meadowview, Murphy, Goodrich (Justin Warnke)
Wednesday, October 8 8:00-11:00 am
- Second Grade: Meadowview, Murphy, Goodrich (Sue Futterer)
Wednesday, October 8 12:30-3:30 pm
- Third Grade: Meadowview, Murphy, Goodrich
Thursday, October 9 8:00-11:00 am
- Fourth Grade: Meadowview, Murphy, Goodrich (Paul Scaletta)
Thursday, October 9 12:30-3:30 pm
- Fifth Grade: Meadowview, Murphy, Goodrich
Important ISBE and PARCC Updates
Teaching and Learning Team Meeting
Tuesday, Sep. 23rd, 2-3:30pm
7925 Janes Ave
- September 19 School Improvement Day Sharing
- ISBE Updates from Title 1 Directors' Conference
- ELL Student Service Guidelines
- 95% Group Phonics Materials
- October 31st School Improvement Day Planning
If you have other items you would like added to the agenda, please email me.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Principal To Do List
- Upload School Improvement Day Agendas to Administrative Evaluation Folder by 9/22
- Social Studies/Science Grading Policies to Greg by 9/22
- After School Programming list by school to Greg by 9/22
- Seven Keys Two-Day Event names to Kim by 9/24 (PS... We have plenty of space if you want to send more than 2 or 3)
- Thank your staff for their hard work and effort making our schools great places for students to learn and grow!