CGA -- JSI News
December 11, 2014
IT'S ALMOST HERE!
Get Ready! Let's Do It! Go Pumas!
Check out the information in today's JSI News to help answer any last-minute questions you may have about the meet.
Set-Up & Tear-Down
Set-Up -- Truck Unload -- TONIGHT, December 11
Since the first session is starting on Friday at 4:00P, we will be unloading equipment from the truck on Thursday evening. Anyone who is available to help, please show up at Huff Hall at 6:15P.
Set-up -- Gym -- Friday, December 12
- Huff Hall
- Anytime after 9:00A - ?
- We must have the gym set-up for the sessions that begin at 4:00P; this includes equipment, sound system, judges' tables, chairs, etc.
- Additional set-up will occur in other areas after 4:00P.
- Please send a family representative to help anytime on Friday for as long as they are able.
Babysitting Option: For families who are volunteering for set-up there will be a complimentary Babysitting Room provided on-site at Huff Hall for a limited number of children from 9:00A - 4:00P on Friday, December 12. Advanced sign-up is required by emailing email@example.com no later than today, December 11.
Tear-down -- Sunday, December 14
- Huff Hall
- Immediately following the conclusion of the meet around 9:30P - ?
- We must load all of the equipment onto the truck, clear the gym and all of the additional rooms that we have used during the weekend so U of I students can take finals on Monday morning!
- Please send a family representative to help starting at 9:30P.
- We hope to have enough people on hand to wrap things up in about 2 hours.
Updated Volunteer Schedule
Below, please find the link to the 2014 JSI Volunteer Schedule (updated as of Dec. 10.)
You will notice on the schedule that there are still some slots marked NEED HELP that need to be filled. Please consider picking up an extra shift by filling one of the "NEED HELP" slots. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which slots you can cover.
Please note: If you have a conflict with your assigned shift, please arrange a swap with another volunteer and make us aware of the change at email@example.com.
- Show up early to allow ample time to find parking (see parking info. below.)
- Check in at the Volunteer Hospitality Room in the Khan Annex Room 1002 (see map of Huff Hall below.)
- Pick up your CGA Volunteer T-Shirt at Volunteer Check-in or wear CGA attire if you didn't sign-up for a new shirt.
Check out the document below to find out more specifics about Volunteer Responsibilities and volunteer job descriptions.
Questions about Volunteering? Contact Rachel Tyson, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions & Map of Huff Hall
Follow the link below for a map of the parking available close to Huff Hall.
Ride the Bus -- Consider MTD
Another option to consider is riding the MTD bus to Huff Hall. Several MTD routes run by Huff Hall. You may want to consider parking in a free lot and taking the bus. A one-way fare on MTD costs $1.00. More information about MTD routes can be found by following the link below.