Alta Vista High School
August 31, 2020
Hello Alta Vista High School Families!
We are busy gearing up for the 2020-2021 School Year. In this newsletter you will find information about:
- VUSD School Reopening & Community Updates
- On-Campus Drive-Up Registration 9/3 & 9/4
- Daily Schedule
This week VUSD sent a new Community Update with information about the Vista Institute for Parents (VIP), as well as several how-to-videos for Canvas, which is our new learning management system.
- Please visit the VUSD Vista Institute For Parents VIP page by clicking here.
- Getting Started with Canvas: A Guide for Parents Part of the Vista Institute for Parents (VIP) project is to make sure our parents have the resources and knowledge to navigate the new Canvas platform. Please visit the Canvas Support website on the VIP site for help getting acquainted with the Canvas platform.
Drive-Up Registration: Thursday, September 3 & Friday, September 4 9am-1pm
We will have a Drive-Up Registration/Materials Pick-Up this year!
Important Registration Instructions:
Everyone must complete the Aeries Data Confirmation / Re-Registration Process on Parent Portal as soon as possible. Please contact the front office if you still need assistance. This must be completed through your Parent Portal and NOT the Student Portal. If you are unsure of your status, please log into your Parent Portal and the system will let you know if you have not completed the process.
Please note that Aeries Data Confirmation / Re-Registration is different, and in addition to, selecting your students’ Learning Model where you chose Vista Virtual or Vista Classic.
For assistance with Parent Portal, please call Alta Vista High School (760) 724-3775
Drive-Up Registration Details:
- Registration is primarily drive-through, so please stay in your car, and make sure that everyone in the car is wearing a mask. Face coverings are required for everyone on campus per San Diego County Public Health Orders. AVHS staff will instruct you through the registration process, and instruct students on the process for exiting the car to have their school ID photo taken.
- When you arrive for drive-up registration, you will be picking up a VUSD Chromebook, charging cord, and a school supply pack, signing required paperwork, and students will be exiting the car to have their school ID photo taken. Chromebooks are available to all students!
Fall 2020 School Meals
VUSD meal service will resume Wednesday, September 9th containing breakfast and lunch.
Student accounts will be looked up by name or ID number and charged based on eligibility status (free, reduced, paid). Parents who are picking up meals for children must present ID to verify the student (i.e. ID card, report card, registration letter). Please see fliers below for more information.
If you need to apply for free or reduced lunch CLICK HERE