Reopening 2020 Update 4

July 31, 2020


The Reopening Committee would like to thank all of you for sharing your feedback, questions, and concerns. These have been shared with the School Committee and will continue to be considered. Additionally, we would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the surveys. This information has been especially helpful.

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 7PM, the District’s Reopening Plan will be presented to the School Committee, who will carefully consider its safety protocols, feasibility, and impact on the school community, and will consider a vote to accept it. Should the Committee require additional time to review the plan and deliberate, we have scheduled additional “as needed” School Committee meetings on Thursday, August 6th and Friday, August 7th. These meetings will be open to the public. You may also view from home on Channel 24 and Channel 192 on Charter or watch via Facebook Live. If you are planning to attend in-person, please register here. This information will be used to plan for appropriate space as well meet the requirement put forth by the Board of Health for potential contact tracing.

Please know that the District Leadership Team understands the decision to send your child to in-person learning or continue to engage in remote learning is a difficult one for parents/guardians. Just last week, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its website to include a School Decision-Making Tool for Parents, Caregivers, and Guardians. If you prefer to simply review and print the decision-making tool, please click here.

Please continue to forward any questions or concerns to

Thank you for your continued support.


Rick Bedard, Reopening Committee - Operations Working Group Chair

Lizz Boutiette, Reopening Committee - Academic Programming Working Group Chair

Kate Ryan, Reopening Committee - Safety & Wellness Working Group Chair

School Committee Meeting: Review of Reopening Plan

Wednesday, Aug. 5th, 7pm

MIllbury Jr./Sr. High School

The School Committee will meet on August 5th to review the proposed Reopening Plan. During this meeting, the School Committee will not a Q&A session. However, there will be another public forum in early September (date TBD).

Pursuant to the Board of Health and CDC guidance, please be sure to wear a mask and maintain physical distancing in the building at all times. Upon arrival at the meeting, you will be required to sign-in.

Please sign up here: