CLASS OF 2030 BOOK CLUB
Thursday, April 12th at 9:30 AM
*FOR OUR KDG PARENTS ONLY*
An Important Message from Erin Johnson, CO30 Parent Liaison
We would love to have you at our first “CO30” (Class of 2030) Book Club Meeting for Stonegate Elementary!
WHO: Any Kindergarten Parents from Stonegate Elementary
WHAT: A relaxed meeting to discuss Chapters 1-3 from the book “How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk” by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish. This book was sent home with every KG child.
WHEN: Thursday, April 12 @ 9:30am
WHERE: Stonegate Elementary (directions to the specific location within the building will be shared to parents as they arrive)
WHY: To build connections between CO30 parents and to help deepen a positive relationship with our own children.
Drinks and snacks will be provided. Regretfully, we cannot offer childcare but please know we welcome your little ones to tag-along with you! While RSVP is not required for this event, it would help us greatly to plan the number of seats to set up. Please click here to RSVP. Thank you!
Erin Johnson, CO30 Parent Liaison
”They don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.”
1) What did you think about the section on holding off on giving advice? Do you have any thoughts on how to strike the right balance with this?
2) The authors suggested printing and hanging up “4 Ways to Help Children Deal with Their Feelings”. Did any of you actually do this or think you will?
3) What do you think of the idea of asking your kids to draw their feelings? Have you tried it?
1) What do you think of the “Use one word” idea?
What about the idea of writing notes – even to kids too young to read? Is this something you would get in the habit of doing?
2) “When you want something done immediately, it’s a good idea to speak forcefully rather than to plead” – What do you think?