The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Newsletter ~ May 7, 2021
5th grade Cub Scouts Crossover into Boy Scouts during the Arrow of Light Ceremony
Catholic Courier celebrates Teacher Appreciation Week
Saint Kateri School families ~
April showers brings May flowers and there is certainly enough rain recently to bring us gardens full! Thank you to 5th grade for cleaning up our school Rainbow Garden bed ~ making space for the new growth happening.
Mrs. Pellegrino has added a space to her Teacher webpage called Symbaloo. Clicking on it will not only bring you to the learning links your child(ren) use in school but there are also links to other websites that families may be interested in. Reach out to Mrs. Pellegrino (Carrie.Pellegrino@dor.org) if you have any questions.
Mrs. Dinsmore, our Music teacher, is working with our students on a SKS Talent Show for June. Students are already practicing their talent! Classes will be able to present their talents in the Gym to their Prayer Partners, but it will also be recorded to share later with families.
Refer a friend or family member to SKS and you both will win!
Family Ambassador Program: The Diocese of Rochester is also continuing to provide up to $500 in tuition credit for families referring new families! Please follow the link below for more details https://www.dorschools.org/ambassador
God bless ~
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- 5/11: NO Quiet Mass
- 5/13: K-5 School Mass (1st grade) 9:00am
- 5/18: NO Quiet Mass
- 5/20: May Day Prayer Service at 9:00
- 5/22: Walk-A-Thon 10:30-3:00
- 5/25: Quiet Mass 3rd-5th 9:00am
- 5/31: NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- 6/1: School Mass (K and 3rd) 9:00am
- 6/2: Spirit Shirt Day (You can wear your Walk-A-Thon shirt too!)
- 6/2: Parent's Association 6:00-7:30pm
- 6/8: Quiet Mass (K-2)
- 6/8: NYS Science Written exam (4th grade only)
- 6/14: Flag Day Prayer Service
- 6/15: Quiet Mass (3-5)
- 6/17: Last day for Preschool 3's
- 6/18: Last day for Preschool 4's
- 6/22: K-5 Field Day
- 6/23: Last day of school 11:30am dismissal
Making a Walk-A-Thon Pledge and Friday Pledge Prizes
- Please choose the Flat Fee option. We do not pledge in a "per lap" way but the platform that we are using does not allow us to remove that option. So it will seem a little confusing ~ just look for the option to donate a straight amount.
- You can send in any pledges in cash or check form anytime.
- We are having a weekly participation drawing on Friday, May 14 and Friday, May 21. Any student that has turned in a pledge (or a combination of pledges) that total $20, either online or in paper form, by WEDNESDAY of that week will be entered into a drawing to choose a prize from the prize wall. If a preschool is chosen on a day they do not attend, they will make their pick the next day they come to school.
WALK-A-THON 2021 - May 22
Yesterday we launched our Pledge Campaign for Walk-A-Thon 2021. We have already raised 20% of our goal in less than 24 hours! Thank you and keep sharing the event with family and friends and on your Social Media platforms. The link is below ~
Walk-A-Thon Family Walking Event:
Saint Kateri School and Saint Kateri Parish will be holding the event on May 22, coinciding with Pentecost weekend. Saint Kateri School will hold our 11th Annual Walk-A-Thon from 10:30am - 1:00pm and our Parish will continue the festivities until 3:00pm.
There will be a Food Truck Rodeo available from 11:30am - 3:00pm!
We would like everyone to come out and support our school! The day will begin at 10:30am with Family Check-In with an 11:00am Kick-Off Rally. We understand that it is a busy time of year ~ come when you can and participate in a fun walking event with your family, while also supporting our school. Due to COVID we will be walking in family groups ~ we will also be following any current COVID-19 guidelines for this event.
The schedule of the day:
- 10:30-11:00: Arrival and Check-in
- 10:30-3:00: Silent Auction Baskets and Experience Items will be displayed and available for bidding online
- 11:00: Kick-Off Rally
- 11:00-1:00: Family Walk Together
- 11:30-3:00: Food Trucks available
- 1:00-3:00: Pentecost weekend activities!
- 4:00: Mass at Christ the King
Food Trucks: There will be a variety of Food Trucks available to purchase foods and sweets to enjoy during the day
Family Scavenger Hunt: Lead by Saint Kateri Parish Youth Ministry and can be done throughout the Walk-A-Thon.
Gaga Ball: (tentative) Due to COVID, we will be scheduling times for classroom groups to play together.
A Silent Auction that includes Classroom Themed Baskets and a Silent Auction for Teacher Experiences and other items:
Room Parents have coordinated with the classroom teachers to collect items and create the Silent Auction Baskets items for each grade level. This is new to this year's Walk-A-Thon and it is sure to pump up the excitement for fundraising for our school! They knocked it straight out of the park ~ they are all so creative and and fun! You will find pictures of the baskets throughout this newsletter.
This is where FUN meets FUNDraising!
Silent Auction Basket Sneak Peek
2021-2022 Registration is well underway!
YOU ARE OUR BEST ADVERTISEMENT!
- Reach out to family and friends who are looking for a school for their children next year
- Post on your social media accounts
- Share our school posts
- Comment on local Irondequoit groups your recommendations about attending SKS
- Recommend Saint Kateri School as part of a Google review