October 21 - October 25, 2019
Important PTSA Dates and Information
1. Monday, October 21, 7:45 AM to 8:30 AM- Coffee Chat and PTSA meeting in the media center.
2. Monday, October 21, 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM- Family Engagement Night – QPR training in the media center￼
3. Wednesday, October 23, 11 AM to 11 PM - Kipplees Dine-out for Dollars. Must have a physical copy of the giveback form for Washington middle school PTSA to receive 30% back. Forms are available in the front office or can be emailed to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Additionally, forms can be sent home with your child.￼￼
4. Beginning Thursday, October 24 through Wednesday, October 30, boo grams will be for sale in the media center during lunch and recess for students to purchase for $.50 or three for a dollar. These notes and candy will be passed out to students on Thursday, October 31 during last period.
5. Friday￼, November 1, 5-7:00 PM: Fall dance in the gym. Cost is two dollars per student with concessions available to purchase. Students must have citizenship in order to attend. This is a costume dance. Principals will be sharing costume regulations as we get closer to the date.￼. Please sign up to help with food donations.
6. We are in need of assistance filling our emergency bags. Each classroom has one to use in case we need to vacate due to an emergency. At this time we are in need of the following items:
- 40 flashlights with batteries
- 40 first aid kits
- 40 rolls of gauze
- 40 rolls of athletic tape
* if you or a business is interested in donating but would prefer to donate monetarily so items can be bought in bulk, please visit our square account to do so. Thank you!
PTSA Giveback Night at Kipplee's
Wednesday, Oct. 23rd, 11am-10pm
2350 East Division Street
PSAT on Thursday
Family Movie Night on Friday
yearbooks on sale now
Order forms were given to the students last week, but they can also order online at www.inter-state.com/yearbook, with the code 44532V
cost - $14.00 until February 28, 2020. After that they will be $15.00
Cash or Checks accepted. Checks made to Washington Middle School
Bullying Report Form
After School Activity Schedule
How is your child doing in classes?
If you have questions or concerns about grades you can contact your child's teachers, Mrs. Rachel Harrelson or Administration to set up meetings.
WMS Expectations and Procedures Handbook
Dress Code Reminders
Cool Weather Items
Type: hoodless sweaters or hoodless sweatshirts, vest, zip up fleece, softshell or cardigan worn with a collared button down or polo shirt underneath
Colors: any solid color
Logo: small manufacturers logos are acceptable; school logos are permitted
The following is unacceptable at WMS and will not be allowed:
· Unnatural hair colors (bright red, burgundy, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink or purple)
· Body piercings, excluding ears. Earrings that pose a safety hazard or that are disruptive in nature
· Visible tattoos
· Skinny style pants, stretch pants or tight fitting clothing
· Hats or head coverings inside the school
· Cell Phones, large purses, gym bags, backpacks, backpack style purses, and drawstring bags must be kept in students’ lockers from 7:30am to 2:30pm.