Child development theorist
Psychosocial and developmental theory
- Erikson is best known for social and emotional reaserch development of children.
- stage 1-trust vs. mistrust:the First of his stage os psychosocial develment occurs between birth and one year of age and is the most fundemental stage of life. An infant is utterlydependent, the develpment of trust is based on the dependability andquality of the child caregivers.
- stage 2- autonomy vs. shame & doubt: The second stage takes place during early childhood and is focused on children developing a greater sense of personal control. He believed that the toilet training wouldlead to a feeling of control and a sense of independence. Other important events including gaining control over food choices, toy preferences, clothing selection. Children who succesfuly complete the stage fell secure and confident, while those who do not are left with a sense of in adequacy and sekf doubt.
- the other stages go through addolecence all the way to adult hood.
- the stages are initiative vs. guilt, indestry vs. inferiority, identity vs. role confusion, intimacy vs. isolation, generativity vs. self absorption, integrety vs. despare