Unit 2: The Power of Power
Week of 9/28
Why is my voice valuable to the world around me?
- How can I use my voice to understand the world around me?
Animal Farm by George Orwell
The 1st six weeks will end on October 2nd. We will be reading Animal Farm by George Orwell in the 2nd six weeks. I wanted to let you know ahead of time to start acquiring this book. I also encourage you to check out the Book Xchange box in our school library to see if you might obtain a copy there.
You need a copy of the book in class on Monday, 10/5
- Introduce Children’s Story Project and Rubric
- Choose Theme of Children’s Story
- Outline Children’s Story
Skills of Focus:
- Writing Process
- 30 minutes of Membean this week - 120 minutes between 9/8 and 10/2
- Membean Quiz Friday
- Bring Animal Farm to class Monday