November 1, 2019
Dates to Know
- Friday November 1st No School, Teacher Work Day
- Thursday November 7th Veterans Day Assembly (9:30 & 10:15)
- Friday November 8th Dress Like Your Favorite Book Character Day
- Wednesday November 20th, Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Wednesday November 20th, Chipotle Spirit Night
VETERANS DAY EVENT
The Veterans Day tribute assemblies will be on Thursday, November 7th: 9:30 a.m. for kindergarten, 1st, and 5th grades; 10:15 a.m. for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades.
Please have your students wear RED, WHITE, AND BLUE or patriotic clothing to school on November 7th! All family members are welcome to join us for these tribute assemblies. We will have special seating for veterans and active military guests.
PANDAS GIVE BACK FOR VETERANS DAY
There will be 2 ways to involve your children and give back for Veterans Day this year!
1. Thank you letters to veterans or active troops: You can make your own card or letter thanking our service men & women. For tips on writing a thank you letter please visit https://www.operationgratitude.com/express-your-thanks/write-letters/
2. Candy Collection for NCPacks4Patriots: Please donate any extra unopened Halloween candy to NCPacks4Patriots! You can bring your candy to school and drop it off in the donation box in the lobby from November 4th-7th. The candy will be sent in care packages sent out to troops and their family members.
From the Hospitality Committee
Please be aware of the following upcoming Hospitality events as we bring a close to October, and say hello to November! Please keep in mind all information and sign ups can be found on Konstella. Hospitality needs your help to show our wonderful teachers how much they are appreciated!
November 20th, Penny Road Staff appreciation luncheon.
December 18th, Penny Road Staff holiday luncheon.
It's always a good day to thank a teacher!