Concord High School
Equity - Inclusion - Excellence
April 6, 2016
- Everyone who has helped with ACCESS testing, and ACT testing.
- Angela Morton and Leadership for helping with Special Olympic activities at Odell.
- Those who participated in the Hoops for Hearts Basketball Tournament.
- Mrs. Tinsley and the IB students who went to WHES to assist students.
- Mrs. Rotan, Mrs. Poole, Mr. Strode, Mrs. Mozingo, Mrs. Joseph, Mr. Harris, Mrs. Juliano, Mrs. Dionne, Mrs. Anderson, and Mr. Wilson for putting on the Black and Gold Gala. The event raised close to $6,000.
- CHS had two students selected to Governor's School.
- Mrs. Turner and the Yearbook Staff received special recognition for excellence in journalism.
- Scholarships are continuing to roll in! Thank you to all teachers, coaches, and staff for all you have done to support our students.
- Band Achievement
- Grade Suppression- The NC Board of Education adopted a policy that provides students with the option to repeat a failed course, complete credit recovery, or keep the F (if it is an elective course). Students will receive a letter in homeroom that explains the process.
- I have emailed a success contract to all of you. You can use it as an option for students who failed the third nine weeks.
- If you have a student who is failing your class, or you write a referral for a student, you must notify the parent.
- Please be signed in by 7:00 and at your door by 7:05 unless you have a morning duty in another location, and be at your door during class change.
- Make sure your students are attentive during announcements, and do not let them leave when the afternoon announcements are complete. They should stay in your room until the bell rings.
- Do not allow students to wear hats and hoods in your classroom.
4/7 – 4/10 Senior Trip to Florida
4/11- Homeroom (9:00): there are several items to distribute:
- PSAT Scores/Transportation survey/Report Cards/Grade Suppression Information
4/19 ACT makeup day for 11th graders (they will receive a list of students, only 16)
4/28 Spring “Disney/Movie Pops” CHS concert
4/30 Senior Prom
5/2 – 5/18 AP and IB Testing
5/4 Staff Meeting
5/6 Proctors due to Mrs. Yoos for testing
5/16 – 5/20 Benchmarks for Semester 2 and Yearlong classes
5/19 Test Administrator testing for all certified staff
5/19 End of Year Band Concert
5/21 CHS Band Awards Banquet
5/25 Awards Day and Spring testing starts
6/1 Staff Meeting
6/2 – 6/7 Early dismissal/Exams
6/8 Makeup exams/day
6/8 Senior Graduation practice 3 to 5 and then Senior Picnic
6/10 Graduation at 7pm