Published November 24th
A note of gratitude:
Please rest, relax, connect, laugh, nap, shop, do whatever fills your heart during Thanksgiving. You deserve it.
Erika & James
Faculty Circle on Monday will be info from our Teacher Ambassadors.
This Week's Tutorials
Tuesday--staff have a task to do for our Teacher Ambassadors.
Staff Spirit Days
Monday: Black Friday Attire
Tuesday: Dress Like Your Favorite Relative
Full School Writing Weeks
Each month we will have a 3-day implementation of a piece of the proposed writing plan. The cycle will be:
- 1 hour PD for staff
- 1 implementation lesson during tutorial
- 1 hour data disaggregation and SWOT analysis for full school implementation
Purpose: Calibrated PD, implementation, and data disagg.
Goal: Schoolwide methods implemented immediately
Friday Sped/Gen Ed Lesson Previews
Purpose: Allow sped teachers to see the week in advance and pre-plan for accommodations and modifications
Length: 30 minutes at the end of the 2nd plan for 6th, 7th, 8th in Stacie's room. Each core has 5 minutes to preview lessons and activities for the upcoming week. Sped teacher will update the unit plan with notes indicating ideas for accommodations, need to pull kids for remediation, etc. Final 10 minutes for collaboration.
If you notice below, your weekly meetings are being scaled back to 2 a week with the exception our full-school writing weeks to accommodate for this practice.
Upcoming Planning Meetings
December 3: Decoding the Prompt PD
December 5: Decoding the Prompt PD
December 11: Behavior PLC--Tier 1 Info
December 13: Dissecting Questions Check In Day
December 18: Behavior PLC--Tier 1 Info
December 19: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
January 7: Advanced Decoding the Prompt PD
January 9: Advanced Decoding the Prompt PD
January 14: ELA and SS ATM Meetings
January 15: Behavior PLC
January 16: Math and Science ATM Meetings
January 21: Advanced Decoding the Prompt Check in Day
January 23: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
January 28: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
January 30: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
February 4: Constructed Response Formula PD
February 6: Constructed Response Formula PD
February 12: Behavior PLC
February 18: Constructed Response Formula PD
February 20: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
February 25: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
February 27: Unit/Proficiency Scale Planning Session with Stacie
Tutorial Plans for December
December 9-13 (Implementing Decoding the Prompt)
10: Core 1
11: Core 2
12: Core 3
13: Core 4
December 16-20: Normal tutorial
Vertical Team PLCs Goals
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of writing that matches the unit expectations. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3.
- Create a school writing plan focusing on one component of the plan each month. Begin with the school writing policy.
- Complete CUBES word problems 4 times per week and complete 1 written writing prompt per unit explaining how to correctly solve a math problem with appropriate vocabulary.
- At least weekly, use CASE question bank to administer checks to maintain rigor of priority standards/calibrate.
- Implementation of 3D instruction as evidenced in lesson plans.
- Collaboratively write summative assessments that measure mastery of disciplinary core ideas through the practices and cross-cutting concepts.
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of inquiry practices. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3. (QFT, DBQ, extended response, because, but, so).
- Discussion of the CASE data analysis.
- Eye-opening to look at writing for another grade.
- Discussion about science collaborating with the math teachers to emphasize the math for the unit that's also used in science.
- Need to practice timed writing. Kids are not handling timed writings well.
- Need to practice giving kids a set amount of space to put their answer in.
- Work skills report--will do like we did last year though Google Form.
- Behavior adjustments to make: Full school reward, visiting classrooms to unveil new BF, adjusting points
- Teams need to identify what they would like the PTSO to purchase for them this year
- ipads and doc cameras are ordered for those who requested them
- Based on CASE data, going to begin giving kids CASE questions to dissect and answer weekly and score together.
- Also looking for other ways to up the rigor into the DOK 2 and 3 levels.