October 2, 2017
Jimmie Hale Mission
- Please pray that the Mission will be a beacon of hope and a source of strength to those that come our way.
- Pray that we provide encouragement and blessing to those who are hurting and struggling.
- Pray that the mission will be in the center of God’s will and that we will be submissive to Him and sensitive to His leading.
- Pray that our clients will see the love of Christ through us and be open to God’s working in their lives.
- Please pray that our priority will always be to minister to the spiritual and physical needs of the poor and hurting in Jesus’ name.
- Pray for all those affected by the recent Hurricanes and flooding.
- Pray for the disaster relief organizations who are coordinating ministry and relief efforts.
- Pray for the health and safety of all the volunteers who are serving in various capacities.
- The Alabama Baptist mobile airlift kitchen has been deployed to either Puerto Rico or the Caribbean Island of St. Croix. Pray it will arrive safely and expediently. Also, pray those trained to run this kitchen will be able to deploy soon.
- Praise the Lord! There have been over 600 Alabama Baptist volunteers trained over the last month for Disaster Relief.
- Joie: Joie has been suffering from back pain for quite some time. Please pray that Jamie and Joie are able to identify the cause so that she will have relief.
- Noah and Isaac: As the boys move up in grade, homeschooling becomes more of a challenge. Please pray that Jamie and Joie would be wise about helping them develop the study habits that are best for them and that will help them as they go on to university.
- Armenia trip (March 23 – April 1): Please pray for a team leader and a team (max 10 people) to distribute SD cards containing the Bible and other resources to Central Asians traveling outside their home country for vacation. This will be the fifth year our church has done this.
Christ Covenant Buckhead - UPDATE
Mission Trip Updates
September 6-10 - Houston, Texas (Hurricane Harvey)
A team of 3 Valleydale members went to Texas to help with disaster relief. Becky Noland worked with the Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief organization and worked with the administration team so that volunteers could begin deployment. John & Angie Fine worked with family in the area to help with the initial clean out phase.
September 16-21 - Ft. Myers, FL (Hurricane Irma)
A team of 4 Valleydale members deployed with the Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief's feeding team to Ft. Myers, FL. This team served 10,000 meals per day, plus those who were deployed! We had 120 people registered and trained at Valleydale September 21st. If you would like to be a part of the Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief team please visit this website for class registration information! http://www.alsbom-gm.org/trainingpreview.cfm
To hear the latest update from the Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief organization click here https://www.facebook.com/alsbomdr/videos/1474754815936285/
- Cuba - October 7-14
- RTN Mission 24 - October 27-28, Trip Leaders Earl Salser email@example.com (Medical Clinic) and Nathan Sing firstname.lastname@example.org (Fall Festival).
- RTN Mission 24 - December 9, Trip Leader, David Harris *Personal Finance Class - more information to come! email@example.com
- Washington DC - February 7-11, 2018, Trip Leader, Dawn Sawyer *Special Needs Prom and Service Projects with local church planters - email Dawn for more info! firstname.lastname@example.org
Reach the Nations Church Clarkston, GA - Mission 24 Medical Clinic & Fall Fest
If you cannot go to Clarkston but would like to contribute to the Fall Festival we have a need for prepacked snacks (Little Debbie cakes, cookies, gummies, wrapped candy, drink boxes, etc). You may drop off these donations at the Info Desk now through October 25.
Did You Know...
Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief is offering advanced training!
Chainsaw and Administration training will be offered by the Shelby Association on October 20-21 at the Shelby Baptist Association Ministry Center. These classes are open to volunteers who have completed the introductory class. Refresher classes are also available.
Register online at http://alsbom-gm.org/trainingpreview.cfm
For additional information contact - Joe Long, email@example.com
Restoration Academy is looking for Math Tutors! They are looking for middle school math tutors (lower math levels - math concepts and pre-algebra). They are specifically looking for volunteers for Math Concepts on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Fridays from 8:55-9:50 am or 1:20-2:15 pm. If you can give an hour of your week to help a student in math (and be changed in the process) please email the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org