OKA+ 2-DAY SUMMER CONFERENCE 2013
WELCOME, CÉSAR CHÁVEZ ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!
Registered for July 10-11, 2013, at OSSM
Lori Blackburn, 4th Grade
Lisa Bozarth, Intervention Teacher
Anna Buchanan, 1st Grade
Delois Byrd, 3rd Grade
Jennifer Casey, Pre-K
Becky Ciocca, Kindergarten
Engelica Davis, 3rd Grade
Dijonna Durham, 1st Grade
Noell Figueroa, 2nd Grade
Daniel Griswold, 6th Grade
Julia Hammond, Kindergarten
Jamie Hernando, Special Education, Pre-K
Patti Higgins, Music (Chavez and Gatewood)
Heidi Jackson, Library Media Specialist
Molly Jaynes, 3rd Grade
Jessica King, Kindergarten
Calley Martinez, 2nd Grade
David Martinez, ELL
Cherry Mays, Pre-K
Jacqueline McClain, 2nd Grade
Betty McMartin, 5th Grade
Laura Morris, Principal
Deborah Petersen, 1st Grade
Stephanie Pollard, 2nd Grade
Kimebrly Ricketson, Kindergarten
Jackie Riddle, Kindergarten
Heide Roden, Special Education
Stepheny Rogers, 2nd Grade
Bryanna Ross, 1st Grade
Francine Sanderson, 5th Grade
Rebecca Scott, Kindergarten
Tim Smith, ELL
Meaghan Story, 2nd Grade, Team Leader
Ryan Taffe, 4th Grade
Rebecca Weber, Asst. Principal
Norma Whisenhunt, Music Teacher
John White, Assistant Principal
Kristen Widener, 1st Grade
Greg Worley, 5th Grade
Eric Worley, Physical Education
Wesley Wright, Physical Education
Natalie York, 4th Grade
Sarah Young, Kindergarten
Schools Coming to OSSM
- Cherokee Immersion Charter School, Cherokee Nation, Tahlequah
- Greystone Lower Elementary School, Oklahoma City Public Schools, OKC
- Positive Tomorrows, Oklahoma City
- Remington Elementary School, Tulsa Public Schools, Tulsa
César Chávez Elementary and Gatewood Elementary, OKCPS
OSSM INFORMATION FOR DAYTIME PARTICIPANTS
We are fortunate to be allowed to use the beautiful campus of the Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics. Please help us care for the facilities and show our appreciation and respect to the faculty and staff for the use of the campus.
LUNCH will be served to all participants daily in the Great Hall, which is located in the Residence Hall. Service is buffet style, with hot-meal selections, a well-stocked and diverse salad bar, and dessert options; participants may select items that meet their tastes and dietary restrictions.
- Numbered key cards will be distributed at check in. Cards must be returned on the last day of attendance; there is a $10 fee for unreturned cards.
- You will need your key card to enter/exit all buildings at OSSM. Please keep your key card with you at all times
- Sensors are located at most doors. Pass the key card in front of the sensor (magnetic strip facing sensor). The sensor beeps, and a green light flashes when the door lock is released.
- Please enter and exit the Residence Hall by the front door. Key cards will not work on side exits.
- An alarm will sound if the side doors are opened in the Residence Hall.
Should the alarm be set off, report to the person in the Residence Hall office or call Anne Springall at 405-209-8966.
All key cards must be returned to OKA+ Schools when you check out at the end of your institute. You will be charged $10 for each card that is not returned.
- The Residence Hall basement doubles as a storm shelter.
- Exterior doors automatically unlock when fire alarms are activated.
DOs AND DON’Ts:
- All windows must remain closed.
- As a public high school, OSSM is a smoke-free campus. However, you may smoke in the dock/ loading area behind the Manning Academic Center (the old Lincoln school building) on the south.
- In the Manning Academic Center (the MAC), food and beverages are allowed only in the Student Lounge, except that translucent lidded bottles containing water may be taken into classrooms.
- Elevators in the MAC are to be used only by people with mobility issues or for transporting supplies.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the campus.
- All food prepared in the Great Hall must remain in the Great Hall.
Computer Lab and Internet Access:
- There are computers and Internet access in the Computer Lab of the MAC. Access is available only when Computer Lab doors are open. In order to use these facilities, please refer to the OSSM Guest Login Instructions on the tables. If the system does not work properly, please advise an OKA+ staff member. Do not try to repair or reconfigure the system. Outside computers/laptops are not permitted to access the OSSM Network/Ethernet.
- Wireless internet service is not generally available at OSSM. However, from the Student Lounge in the MAC, you may be able to pick up signals from the Wi-Fi box being set up in the OKA+ supply room (Room 2). You may also be able to access Wi-Fi at the OU Health Sciences Center
OKA+ Summer Attendance/Cancellation Policy
While it is understood that emergencies occur, outside of those incidents, failure to participate in all components for which individuals are registered, including meals and full participation in workshops and conference sessions, will cause the school to be liable for costs incurred by Oklahoma A+ Schools for those participants, unless they have canceled or advised OKA+ of partial attendance specifics by July 1. The current cost estimate, per person, is $65 per day or $110 per day with lodging. Actual cost will be computed upon completion.