This Week at Windsor 10.2.2020
Teachers make a difference at any distance...
As we prepare for the next chapter in our 2020-21 school year with students able to return to the building in a hybrid model, everyone's cooperation, patience, and understanding is more important than ever. Our priorities remain focused on protecting everyone's health and safety, caring for the well-being of one another, and providing meaningful learning opportunities for our students.
Please check the Windsor Hybrid FAQ for updates. Updates will be in purple with the date of the change/addition. We understand that you may still have questions regarding the changes coming on October 12 with the district's Step 3 Hybrid Learning Model. Therefore, all District 25 schools will be offering a parent zoom meeting with principals. We are offering our families the opportunity to Zoom with the Windsor administrators and nurse on Thursday, October 8th, from 6:30 - 7:15pm. We will follow a town hall format, using a webinar. Using the chat feature on Zoom, parents can privately ask questions and Mrs. Anastacio, Mrs. Soprano, and Mrs. Carpenter will be online to address them. You certainly don’t have to wait to ask your questions during the Zoom meeting, we welcome you to contact us at any time via email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our office at 847-398-4297.
- 3rd - 5th-grade parents please be sure your children restart their Chromebooks at the end of the day today so they can receive important updates this weekend. Also, if a loaner was requested because their device is having problems, please remember to pick it up. If the problem has been resolved, please let your teacher know that you no longer need a loaner.
- If your child will be absent from school, please remember to call the absence line or submit an online form. If your child attends school in-person, please state the reason for the absence.
- Device Insurance Information, see our website: https://www.sd25.org/Page/1500 Parents, if you have been trying to sign up for insurance for the Chromebooks and you have been unable to get through, we want to let you know that their website has been down due to ransomware attacks, so you are not able to sign up right now. There is no timeframe on when it will be back active, but we will let you know when it is available so you can sign up for coverage if you would like to do so.
- If your child has any medications that need to be given at school such as inhalers, EPI pens, etc, please get the necessary paperwork completed and dropped off to our nurse, Mrs. Carpenter as soon as possible.
- If your child is new to Windsor and you have not turned in the physical immunization paperwork, please submit as soon as you are able or reach out to Mrs. Carpenter if you have any questions.
- See flyer below for Windsor Spirit Week info!
- We are super excited to announce that Windsor will be participating in Capannari's Coolest School Contest again this year, it will look different but will taste just as great!!!
Birthday announcement video coming next week!
Have a wonderful wildcat weekend!
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
- October 5-7th- Spirit Week
- October 8th and 9th- Remote Learning Planning --No school for students
- October 8th from 6:30-7:15 PM Optional Parent Q&A Zoom with Windsor Administrators
- October 13th- First day of hybrid learning (A-K--Tues/Thurs group)
- October 14th- First day of hybrid learning (L-Z--Wed/Fri group)
- October 21st- 7:00 PM --Virtual PTA Meeting
Important Tech Tip:
Please remind your students that they should power down their Chromebooks at least once a day and maybe at lunchtime as well. That will help the "glitchiness" many are experiencing.
iPads should also be rebooted occasionally to prevent connectivity issues. Instructions are below.
To turn off your Chromebook completely, try one of these options:
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Power .
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Sign out Shut down.
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out
To Power Down Your iPad:
- Press and hold the On/Off/Sleep button at the upper-right corner of the iPad. Slide the bar to Power off.
Mrs. Stella's Station
Happy October! Did you know that the name of the month of October comes from the Latin “octō”, meaning “eight”? Originally, in the Roman calendar, October was the eight-month of the year. With the adding of January and February at the beginning of the calendar after the Julian calendar reform, October became the tenth month of the year, which is how we know it today. So many leaves are changing color now and falling off the trees. You can make some of your own beautiful fall leaves that will last all through the season - all you need are some pipe cleaners and some borax! Check out all the directions HERE written by our friends at Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls! If you complete this project, send me a picture of your leaf crystals. My email is email@example.com. Have a great weekend!
Windsor Spirit Wear is here!!! Check out all the new items offered this year! The sale will be live through Oct 11th so get your orders in and help support our Windsor Wildcats!
2020-2021 Volunteer Opportunities
This year may look a little different but the PTA is looking for a few volunteers to help run a limited amount of programs this year. Please review the list of volunteer opportunities and indicate any programs/areas you would like to be involved in or learn more about. You will be connected with the appropriate Committee Chair or Windsor Staff member in the near future for more details on how you can help. Click below for more information. We can't do many of these programs out without your help! Please respond before September 15 so we are able to get programs started.
2020-2021 PTA meeting dates
Save the date to join us for our meetings for this year! We will be virtual to start and see what happens from there.
October 21 - 7PM (virtual)
Windsor Elementary School
Location: 1315 East Miner Street, Arlington Heights, IL, USA