October 2nd, 2020
Newsletters for the Week
Homecoming week begins
Softball @ Southern Boone - 5:00 pm
Cross country @ Mexico - 4:30 pm
Football Vs Mexico - 5:00 pm
StuCo - Showcase - 7:00 am
Volleyball vs. Boonville - 5:30 pm
Softball vs. Versailles - 5:00 pm
Volleyball @ Smithton MS - 5:30 pm
Homecoming - dismiss 90 minutes early
Holler at your Hornets @ FHS - 2:30 pm
Volleyball @ Warrenton - 8:00 am
Homecoming spirit week, October 5th through the 9th.
Homecoming News October 5-9
Explo Survey Results
If you could add one class offering to the FMS exploratory classes what would it be?
Top choices identified by students were:
Introduction to Spanish-14.6%
Foods and Wellness-14.1%
Exploration of Robotics-11.7%
Introduction to Debate-6.6%
Intro to Agriculture-6.3%
(Students had the option to choose the following: Foods and Wellness, Exploration of Robotics, Intro to Spanish, Intro to Agriculture, Intro to Business and Finance, Intro to Broadcast Journalism, Current Events, Show Choir, Intro to Debate and they could add their own option as well.)
2. Masks covering nose and mouth unless 6ft away from another student. (front/back/side to side)
3. Dividers up for an extra precaution.
4. Transfer big backpack to locker, use drawstring bag throughout the day to minimize locker usage.
5. Bring a water bottle or get a plastic cup from your first hour teacher, put your name on it and use throughout the day.
First Day Basics
Dropping your student off?
- Please make a RIGHT hand turn into our parking lot, which is the car rider drop off area (we make it a circle drive in the morning)
- Pull down as close to the pole barn as possible
- Ms. Lairmore and other staff will assist
- We try to do this as quickly as possible, so please have your middle schooler ready to go
- You can also drop your student off on Vine street or other streets close to FMS and they can use the sidewalk to get to school.
- Please do not drop off students on 10th street OR Grand street unless a staff member directs you to do so. (At times we drop off on Grand for weather or if the bell is getting ready to ring)
- All students enter the building each morning at door 1
Then where does my student go?
- All students will go to their 1st hour class. If they don't know where to go, no problem! We will have many ready to assist.
What will happen in first hour?
- Students will get grab and go breakfast during this time. (carts in the hallway)
- On day 1, students will get a paper copy of their full schedule with their locker.
- Students will also get their planner and gold folder in 1st hour.
- First hour is homeroom/advisory and your go-to contact in our building.
- Students will get an overview of the day during this time as well.
- Large instruments on the cart by the front door, will be delivered after breakfast duty
First block/3rd hour
- This is when students will have time to truly understand the schedule for our block days. They will write out where to go when on a template we've created and then put this in their planners. This also includes where to go in the morning if they get to school before 7:35. They will also learn how to use their planners.
- Students will also have time to go to lockers (normally we will do this 1st hour) and practice combos, organize, etc.
5th hour, 7th hour
- Continuation of orientation
- Lunch procedures
- Students will learn all about dismissal
- Students will review where to go in the morning
- Q and A time for anything that may be confusing or overwhelming
- Students will receive 3 cloth masks during 1st hour
- We will use a permanent marker to write names on the inside of the masks
- Students are expected to wear masks or appropriate face coverings when a 6ft social distance can't be maintained
What if a student doesn't wear a mask? (unless there is a health exemption)
1. Student will be asked by a staff member to put on the mask.
2. If student refuses, and administrator will ask the student to put on the mask.
3. If student refuses, parent/guardian will be contacted.
4. If a student continues to refuse, they will need to be picked up.
Masks and face coverings are most definitely not comfortable, but are our new reality. We want to focus our time at school on learning and building positive relationships.
There will be no tolerance for making fun of masks, intentionally trying to spread germs or any type of related behavior. If this should happen, parents will be immediately contacted. Again, our focus is on learning. We want to maximize every moment we are at school.
Thank you for your support!
You may have received a welcome email from BehaviorFlip recently. We were unaware this was sent out or we would have given you more information sooner. We apologize for that!
BehaviorFlip is a system that we piloted last school year that tracks and monitors all of our students' behaviors. Not only do we track misbehavior, we also encourage and track behaviors students exhibit that are resilient! The information we gain from tracking the behaviors allows us to make informed decisions on how best to support our students.
The email you should have received was in regards to activating your account. Through your BehaviorFlip account, you will be able monitor your child's behaviors while they are at school. If you did not receive an email, please let us know and we can make sure you get set up. Giving parents access is something new we are trying this year and we will still be working through the kinks. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.
Just a reminder that sports practices for 7th and 8th graders start next Monday, August 17th from 3:30-5:30. Please be sure your child has a current physical. See the athletics page for more information https://fultonhs.rschoolteams.com/
You can email coaches for specific information.
Softball-Ashley Windmiller firstname.lastname@example.org (softball field)
Volleyball-Megan Youse email@example.com (gym)
Football-Patrick Knipe firstname.lastname@example.org (football bleachers)
Cross Country-Paige Braun email@example.com (pole barn)
Cheerleading-Chelsea Jacobs firstname.lastname@example.org (by the small pond/flag pole)
General athletic questions can be sent to:
Activities Director-Ryan Waters email@example.com