Ms. Bertucci & Mrs. Wilkinson News April 11-15, 2016
Field Trip Information
Richland Elementary Kindergarten and First grade classes are going to the Fort Worth Zoo on Thursday, April 21, 2016. We are excited to learn more about animals and their habitats!
On the day of the trip we will leave the school at 9:00 a.m. and return by 2:00 p.m. The cost of the field trip is $8.00. Your child will need a sack lunch. The school cafeteria can provide it for you if needed. Please indicate on the permission slip if you will provide it so that we can give an accurate count to the cafeteria before the day of the trip.
We would love to have parent volunteers join us. If you are not an approved volunteer yet please visit the Birdville ISD homepage and fill out the volunteer application form online. Please note that parent volunteers are not allowed to ride the school bus—you must provide your own transportation or carpool. Also, the school does not allow siblings to attend field trips so please do not bring younger children with you the day of the trip. The cost for parent volunteers is $6.00. Please send this amount along with your child’s payment so that we may plan accordingly for the number of people we will have at the zoo.
Please complete and sign the attached permission slip and return to school with payment by Monday, April 18th for your child to attend.
If you have any questions please contact your child’s teacher or the school office at 817-547-2000.
Kindergarten and First Grade Teachers
** On the day of the trip please make sure that your child has a completely disposable sack lunch and water bottle----no lunch boxes please!
** Please make sure that your child is dressed for the weather and send them in tennis shoes (no flip flops) as we will be walking around the zoo all day.
Please follow the link to complete your application:
Our first need for volunteers will be our Kindergarten Field Trip on April 21st.
We will also need volunteers for Field Day on May 20.
Please consider volunteering! Thank you in advance!
- Please initial your child's behavior calendar every night. This is very important since this is our communication with you.
- Please send your child with a jacket every day, since we do go outside for recess and the weather changes dramatically in Texas. Please label all your children's belongings.
- Attendance is really important because first grade is around the corner and we still have a lot of material to cover to get ready.
Reading at home
Parents please remember that it is very important to read with your child at home. We have provided two important resources for reading this six weeks.
The sight word readers as well as new books that will be sent home.
Second, your child has access to the wonderful program called RAZ Kids! The students are getting a chance to read through books at school. You may access this vast library of books at their reading level through a tablet or computer. Visit https://www.raz-kids.com/. Click on kids login. Input teacher username (cwilkinson7 or mbertucci0). Once you are in the classroom choose your child's name. Your child may read to you or read independently. Make sure your child is paying close attention as he/she is reading. In the 2nd level each child will have comprehension quizzes to complete to see if he/she understood the story. This is a great way to have conversations about what they are reading.
Focus Sight Words:
Procedural writing- students will be writing using the words first, next, then and last
Counting and identifying numbers 1-100. Ex: What number comes after 48?
Basic needs of plants and animals
Life on the Farm - How do farmers make a living?
- April 15 - Kindergarten Celebration pictures. We will be taking pictures with your student in their cap and gown. Please make sure if your child is a girl that she doesn't wear a ponytail because it makes it difficult to wear the cap.
- April 15 - Movie Night 7PM - Come watch Inside Out with our school family on the lawn. Concessions will be sold. Parents must attend with students.
- April 21 - Fort Worth Zoo Field Trip - Please wear tennis shoes, sunscreen, and bring a disposable sack lunch.
- May 9-10 Closed Campus for STAAR testing. There will be no after school activities including Aspire this week.
- May 20 - Field Day (Please contact the school if you can volunteer to help run activities)
- May 27 - 2:00 PM Kindergarten Celebration Ceremony and Performance - Please make plans to attend our Celebration Ceremony. Each student will be given a Certificate of Completion for all their hard work throughout the year. We will also be giving out 6 CORE Value awards to students that exhibit our 6 CORE character traits. Any student with Perfect Attendance will be recognized as well. Parents, Grandparents, and any family members are welcome to attend. The students will perform a small display of the nursery rhymes they have learned this year as well.
Richland's Got Talent
All PK-5 are invited to showcase your talents!
April 19th in Music Class: Turn in your signed permission slip & get type of performance approved. No late entries.
April 28th at 3:30 in Cafeteria: Try outs by appointment only. You will be given an appointment if approved.
May 3rd: Those chosen to participate in the talent show are notified.
May 4th – May 17: Practice your talent on your own.
May 18 at 3:30 in Cafeteria: Practice – know your words and routines and come ready to practice. Props are not needed unless you want to practice with them. Only those acts chosen by the judges at the afterschool audition will perform.
May 23rd at 8:10 am in Cafeteria: Full Dress Rehearsal– Attendance at the dress rehearsal is mandatory for you to take part in the show. Only those acts chosen by the judges at the afterschool audition will perform in the show.
May 24th at 1:30pm in Cafeteria: Performance Day!