Finally! An easy way to webpage!
Welcome to Edlio!
* Open Google Chrome and browse to other teachers' web pages--at SCH or other schools
to get an idea of what other teachers are posting!
*Navigate to our homepage
* Under Academics, go to Teacher Resources--Quick Links--Edlio Webpage (our agenda)
* On homepage tab, scroll to the bottom where the Login button is and right click the "Login with Office 365" button to open in a new tab. (See picture below)
- Login to the Edlio site
- Discuss difference between Personal pages & Category pages.
- Review creating pages (types of pages)
- Upload a file attachment
- Review personal calendar options in Edlio
- Review post options in Edlio
- Discuss the subscription feature and benefits
- How to embed a Twitter feed, Microsoft form, etc., in your web page
- How to use the reservation calendar.
* I can login Edlio at school and know the process for logging in at home* I can create a new page and share information with parents and students
* I can add external pages (if needed)
* I can add calendar events
* I can add different types of posts
* I can find my contacts (those who have subscribed) & see stats for my page
* I can add information to my club page (if applicable)
Task 1: Login and update your Profile Picture or information (if necessary)
*Login with Office 365 from the bottom of the page (see Bellwork above)
*Select Account- Profile- My Photo- pencil
*Select from your computer- browse and locate your faculty picture in Teacher Apps
*NOTE: The Microsoft OneDrive is NOT linked with your school and work account so this is not a valid option
*Select Crop and Save
Task 2: Open Landing Page (Home Page)
*Add a file (you can rename the file name after it is uploaded)
* Add a picture (**Must add Alt text for a picture or picture will not publish on the website.)
*Review Side Panel Alignment- do not select full width on the first page- select right aligned
*Go to Actions-->Page Options-->Click pencil icon-->rename your home page with your email username
Task 3: Look at Dashboard
* Look at Contact Lists (as students and parents subscribe, you will see this populate)
Task 5: Add Page and Link to Weebly or Other External Web Page
*Select Pages from the dashboard
*Add Page- Link to another page
*Title the link
*Example: Class Weebly Page
*Add the link to the webpage web page
*Select Open in New Tab
*Check the page in the second tab “Refresh”
Task 6: Review Calendar
*Select Plan from the Dashboard*Add an event (you can add text, files, pictures, etc. to an event)
*Go back to your page (in other tab) and refresh your page to see how a Calendar link has been added now that an event is added.
**Student and Parents may subscribe to your calendar events
Task 7: Posts
* Experiment with adding various types of Posts (see picture below)
* Go back to your live page and refresh to see how this looks
Task 8: Contact Lists & Stats
* When students/parents subscribe to your page, you will see a list being populated.
**You can also see if the students have used their school email address.
**You can delete contacts as necessary
*Go back to your dashboard
*Open Stats (you will find how many 'hits', etc. your page is getting.
Task 9: Edit an Existing Page
*Select the menu at the top left (pancake) or dashboard
*Select the Pages option
*Reorder the pages by select the dots on the left and dragging and dropping
*View Live Page in second tab- select “refresh”
*Select a page and Edit
Task 10: Twitter Feed - Create Blank Page or Select Existing Page
* Generate a widget
* Customize the widget's length
* Copy the embed code
* Add a Text Content box on Landing page and click the source code (<>) button
* Paste the embed code
* View your page
Click here for a tutorial on how to embed.