We Are Together Tamanend!
January 21, 2014
Congratulations 8th Gr Girls Basketball - CB District Champs!
Tamanend's December Boomerang Recognition
The C. B. Cares Education Foundation's Boomerang Asset for December was "Creativity: Young person participates in creative activities which have a direct positive impact on him/her and others." Although we had many nominations, ninth grader, Gennaro P. was selected to represent Tamanend. Gennaro is involved in just about every creative activity at school and at his church. At school, Gennaro is an active participant in jazz band, honors band, select chorus groups, swing ensemble, and the musical. He is a member of the CBSouth High School Marching Titans. Outside of school, Gennaro shares his creativity through church activities, including the religious education program and playing clarinet for the musical ensemble. Through creative activities, he has grown as an individual, learning many lessons about socialization, dedication, and entertainment. It has shown him that he can speak, sing, and perform publicly with confidence. Furthermore, Gennaro’s presence in performance is an encouraging example of creativity and confidence for others. We thank and commend Gennaro for sharing his creativity with all of us and congratulate him on receiving Tamanend’s top Boomerang Recognition for December.
Congratulations Deborah K., TMS Geography Bee Winner!
VH1 Save the Music Concert
Central Bucks School District Music Teachers will host their 11th annual Save the Music Charity Concert at Holicong Middle School. There will be three performances:
- Friday Jan 24th at 7:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday Jan 25th at 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday January 25th at 7:30 -9:30 p.m.
This year's theme is City of Brotherly Groove: Celebrating Philadelphia's Impact on the Musical Universe! This event will benefit the VH1 Save the Music Foundation. Last year CB donated $15,000! We are proud that our very own Mr. Sanchez is one of the major organizers of the event and that ALL of our Tamanend music teachers are participating--additionally, some of you may know Mrs. Talley or Ms. Griffin from your elementary music program.
Link for info/tickets here: http://www.cbsd.org/vh1. Any tickets not sold presale will be available at the door.
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Note, each year you need to reselect Tamanend so that your shopping benefites TMS.
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Got R.o A.R.?
Tiger Track Winner
Kevin A. received a Tiger Track nomination from Mrs. Gamble.
Tiger Track Winner
Aiden C. received a Tiger Track nomination from Mrs. Higgins for his Achievement.
Tiger Track Winner
Alex H. received a Tiger Track nomination from Mrs. Gamble for his Responsibility.
Notes from Previous Tamanend Connections:
KAD T-shirts are on sale in the Guidance Office for $12.00, or two for $20.
- There is a Parent Portal app for your smartphone. Click here for more information.
- Click here to view previous Tamanend Connections from 2013-2014.
- For information about Tamanend's 2013-2014 Yearbook, click here.
- We frequently conduct safety drills here at Tamanend Middle School to ensure that our students are prepared for various types of emergencies. It is important that your student dresses appropriately for weather, including shoe choices.
- Because the Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to check student progress on a regular basis, we will no longer print and send home interim progress reports. We encourage all parents/guardians to log in and check the Parent Portal on a weekly basis. Parents have access to current grades, assignments, attendance, and more.
- Students may not arrive to school in the morning until 7:10 AM. That is when staff members are available to supervise students.
- Parent Volunteers Needed! Please sign up using our online form. Code word = tms.
- Click here to learn about CBSD efforts against bullying and for resources helpful to parents on this important subject and more.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- To receive text alerts from CBSD, click here.