Kay Franklin Library
Storybook Pumpkin Patch October 2018
Storybook Pumpkin Patch
- Think of your favorite book and design your pumpkin based on your favorite character of that book.
- Purchase a pumpkin that is NO larger in size than a basketball.
- Gather your decorating supplies. Acrylic paints or permanent markers look best. Watercolors tend to run, and spray paint will gradually dissolve the pumpkin. You can add materials like yarn, buttons, wiggly eyes, etc...
- Decorate your pumpkin without carving, cutting, or poking holes in it.
- Your child will receive a flyer that has a fill in the blank section on the back where your child's name, teacher's name, pumpkin's name, book title, author and a description of the character will go.
- Bring your pumpkin and the flyer to the library starting October 22nd.
- Take your pumpkin home October 26th.
If your child needs help getting it home, please make plans to do this. All pumpkins that are left after October 26th will be thrown away.
Participation is completely voluntary. This is not a contest. Each decorated pumpkin will earn the owner one small prize (limit one pumpkin per student.) You will get your prize when you pick up your pumpkin.
Have fun and be creative!