Eco printing and more in France!
7 or 14 day retreat with Nicola Brown & Caroline Nixon, 2018
Invitation from Nicola and Caroline
Eco printing, vintage linen and pot hunting, a rural French adventure!
Saturday, May 5th 2018 at 9am
6 Route de la Fontaine
This exclusive 7 or 14 day residential workshop starting on either Saturday 5th or 12th May 2018 includes........
- Collection from Bordeaux Airport on the first Saturday of the retreat
- Welcome drinks and evening meal on the first night
- 7 or 14 nights shared or single accommodation (non smoking) in a beautifully renovated cluster of traditional agricultural buildings, period features meet modern comfort!
- Access to either a private or a shared kitchen depending on accommodation booked
- Delicious breakfast each morning and lunch each day using fresh, local ingredients
- 7 or 14 days total immersion into an exciting French adventure with Nicola Brown and Caroline Nixon!
- Excursions to hunt for vintage fabric and old pots in the region surrounding the gite (rural French accommodation) led by Nicola and Caroline
- Learn new eco printing techniques, discover how to combine natural dyeing with eco printing and experiment with Symplocos, a plant based natural mordant
- Print a selection of gorgeous silk, linen and wool samples and scarves, a generous allocation of luxurious fabric is included in the retreat fee but more may be purchased for those that want
- An on site swimming pool for guests to enjoy and relaxing gardens to unwind in at the end of the day
- The maximum number of workshop participants is capped at 11 with a minimum number of 8, the final group figure depends on whether people opt for shared or single accommodation. Small numbers ensure that everyone gets plenty of individual attention from Nicola and Caroline!
- Exhibition of participants' work followed by a gala dinner and drinks on Friday night
- Certificate of completion at the end of the retreat
- Delivery back to Bordeaux Airport early on the Saturday morning of departure
NB This retreat is suitable for both experienced textile artists and total beginners. Prices range from €1350 to €1750 per person per week and include all excursions and meals as per the programme above. On the evenings that dinner is not provided participants will be free to relax on site and cook in their own kitchen or dine out in one of the local French bistros.
Cost of the retreat
50% deposit will secure your place with the balance payable at the beginning of March 2018.
Please note, retreat fees will be strictly non-refundable so Nicola and Caroline highly recommend holiday insurance.