Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - September 6, 2020
It was an amazing feeling see so many of our LES Lions for our distribution event on Friday!! We distributed over 200 learning kits and hundreds of books. Thank you for showing up!! Check out our Twitter and Instagram pages for pictures.
We cannot wait to see all of our students on Tuesday, September 8th for the first day of school! As a reminder, all students should be logged in by 8:00 AM to start their day. Once logged into the computer, click on the Clever icon and select the Schoology icon. Schoology is where your child will access all of his/her instructional materials.
Teachers will kick off each class with a morning meeting to build relationships. Refer to your child's grade level schedule below for details about the instructional day. If you have technical difficulties, please email the HCPS Technology Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, we have linked a wealth of resources below to help you get started. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call. Remember to give yourselves grace as parents and caregivers, give your child(ren) grace, and give our teachers grace. We are all navigating uncharted territories BUT we will get through this together.
Resources for Families to Support Virtual Learning
- Laburnum Virtual Learning Website - During virtual learning, you can click on this website for information.
- Digital Learning Quick Guide
- First Day Prep Guide Pre-K and K
- First Day Prep Guide 1 - 5
- Digital Learning Information for Elementary School Families
- HCPS Mission Forward 2020-21 Learning Plan: A Handbook for Families - A guide to help families understand and visualize what virtual learning will look like.
- HCPS Student Virtual Learning Support - This information is also linked to our Laburnum Virtual Learning website homepage
Breakfast & Lunch
If you choose to come 7 AM - 9 AM, students will receive a hot breakfast and cold lunch for the same day. If you come 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM, students will receive a hot lunch and cold breakfast for the following morning.
Additionally, the county will be providing mobile distribution of meals. HCPS buses will distribute free school meals to neighborhoods two days a week. Modifications are possible, based on demand and other logistical factors. Participants should follow social distancing and mask guidelines at bus stops.
- Mondays and Wednesdays: On Mondays, buses will distribute meals for Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesdays, breakfasts and lunches will be distributed for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, as well as Monday breakfast.
- Buses will make 30-minute stops at each location, between 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
PowerSchool and Back to School Forms
Families of students in all grade levels can complete those forms online by using the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Just follow these steps:
- Log on to your account in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Don’t have a parent portal account yet? Create one by going to the PowerSchool
section of this page: https://henricoschools.us/online-services/ and clicking on “ New
- Once logged in to PowerSchool, look for “Access Online Forms” on the left-hand side of the page.
- That will take you to “Rycor Online Forms” (part of a website known as “StudentQuickPay.com”)
- Find your student(s) name(s) as the top of the screen. Click on each name and carefully read then follow the instructions on the screen. Repeat this process for each student enrolled in HCPS.
Additionally, on your PowerSchool Parent Portal account you can now find your child’s log-in information for their device (iPad/Chromebook/laptop) as well as Clever. For elementary students this will include your child’s Username, Password, Email, Lunch ID, and Student Number. For middle/high school students this will include your child’s Username, Email, Lunch ID, and Student Number.
If you have not created your PowerSchool Parent Portal account or need to add an additional student to your account, please “Click Here” for step-by-step instructions. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on one of the choices in the image below.
If you encounter any issues with PowerSchool: Please email the help desk at email@example.com or call 804-328-5207. Para asistencia en español, llame al 804-527-4604.
If you encounter any issues with completing your forms: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Help may also be available by contacting your school with questions.
Virtual Open House Slide Show
If you or someone you know needs to enroll a student, you will need to call to schedule a registration appointment. All registrations will be by appointment ONLY. The school number is (804) 228-2720.
Additionally, if you need to update your contact information such as address, phone number, or email, please call us to let us know.