NCVPS Visual Arts I Newsletter
Weekly Info About Our Year Long Art Class - Week 22
Hello again! Here's what's been going on in Art Class and what's coming up this week:
We are wrapping up Module 10 and it is due February 1st @Midnight. There are three major assignments including a themed collage, color harmony review, and a peer critique. There's also some really fun extra credit opportunities within the module that you might want to check out.
Thank you to Angel, Faisal, and Jennifer for sending snow pictures! They were featured in our announcements this week and were awesome! Students, what cool things are going on in your life? I know several of you are in the middle of college plans, sports, and other awesome things. Send me pictures and I'd love to feature them in our announcements.
We start Module 11 on Tuesday and it has LOTS of supplies that students will need. Most should have already acquired for the other modules and some parts have options. Students will be choosing to carve soap for a monoprint or may use cardboard and aluminum foil for the same project through a different process. Students will need paint for two assignments during this module.
Supplies for Module 11
- sketchbook (or several sheets of unlined drawing paper at least 9" x 12")
- texture materials such as: yarn, burlap, bubble wrap, cardboard, fabric, candy wrappers, etc.
- glue (hot glue, tacky craft glue, or Elmer's work best this time around)
- watercolor or acrylic paint
- cardboard (at least 5" x 7") OR plexiglas sheet the same size
- aluminum foil
- 1 bar of flat or rectangular soap (not Dove, it's too curvy). Try Dr. Bronner's or Octagon soap
- paper towels
- paintbrushes of varying sizes
- digital camera (or phone, tablet, or iPod with camera) (webcam if you're really desperate but they're not ideal)
If for any reason you are having trouble gathering these materials for class, please contact BOTH me and your ELA at your school. We both want you to have access to everything you need to be successful in this class.