Vista Oaks Update
A great place for your child to grow.
byron and east bay news
Friday, February 8, 2019
Vista Oaks Charter School's Petition for Renewal was APPROVED!
We are so appreciative to the Byron Board for simultaneously seeing areas in which we need growth and in which we bring value. We're so excited and grateful that we get to continue on this path with all of our wonderful Vista Oaks families!
- February 11th: No school due to President Lincoln's birthday. Campus is closed.
- NEW: February 12: Parent Educator Workshop (flyer below)
- February 12th - 15th: Crazy Sock Spirit Week
- February 18th: No school due to President Washington's birthday. Campus is closed.
- April 15th-26th: State Testing Dates, no classes on campus. Special Education services will be held the week of April 15th but not the week of April 22nd.
High School Events
- March 15: Black & White Ball (Information Below)
- May 10: Murder Mystery Party
In this section, you will find information about our upcoming State Testing, games to help prepare you for the technology skills needed to test, and opportunities for the practice test!
Last week, we shared the dates of the testing and who would be tested. This week, I'm sharing a very lengthy list of technology skills required for the test. BUT, please don't stress because 1. our kids are better at these things that we are :) and 2. I will be sharing fun games each week to help your kiddos practice these skills!
1. Properly login/logout of computer
2. Hold mouse appropriately
3. Move mouse on screen
4. Place cursor on specific location on screen
5. Use a mouse to perform single-click
6. Use a mouse to double-click
7. Use a mouse to right-click
8. Use mouse to drag and drop items on screen
9. Use mouse to highlight text on screen
10. Launch a program by activating an icon
11. When program is running, return to main menu
12. Exit a program
13. Can access help features
14. Open a window
15. Close a window
16. Maximize a window
17. Minimize a window
18. Use the scroll bar to move up and down on a screen
19. Use the scroll bar to move left and right on a screen
20. Scroll in multiple windows
High School Black & White Ball
Event Coordinators: Analise Jones & Kaela Scott
March 15, 2019
6:30 - 9:00
Shadow Lakes Event Center in Brentwood
Tickets: $10 (purchase tickets from Amy in the Oak Room)
Don your black and white semi-formal wear and come to the Black and White Ball. This event is for High School students only. Snacks and drinks will be provided. Non-Vista oaks friends are welcome with a ticket and Guest Permission Form. Pick one up in the Oak Room and be sure to have it turned in a week prior to the dance.
February's Parent Educator Workshop is coming soon!
Here's what our Enrichment students will be learning in February!
Here are the weeks Enrichment classes are held in the Spring Semester:
Are you interested in your K-6th grade child earning a free ticket to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Vallejo?
Here are the workshops we have scheduled this year!
Turn Markers Into Energy
Your Junior Leadership Team is coordinating a special program at our school in conjunction with Crayola. It’s called Crayola ColorCycle – an amazing program devised to repurpose used markers rather than sending them to landfills!
The ColorCycle program has repurposed more than 70 tons of expended markers in the United States and Canada since 2013, and uses the most advanced plastic conversion technologies available today to make wax compounds for asphalt and roofing shingles as well as to generate electricity that can be used to heat homes, cook food, and power vehicles.
All around Vista Oaks, students and teachers will be collecting used markers that are ready to be discarded. Please help support our efforts by sending your kids in with any used markers you may have around the house - even non-Crayola brands! Highlighters and dry erase markers can also be included. Drop-off boxes will be located in the Art Room and the Oak Room for your child to deposit the markers.
Thank you in advance for participating! With the help of parents like you across the country, the Crayola ColorCycle program can continue to keep tons of plastic out of landfills each year.
Remember, don’t throw out that used marker—ColorCycle it!
Oak Room Hours
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Oak Room Hours