About the Newsletter
Tips for Successful Fundraising
- Think OUTSIDE the box. Sure there are ways like bake sales, but think of hosting a free event/speaker and consider asking for donations there to support your club.
- Club dues are a great way for students to become more active as they are financially invested in the club and its success.
- Request donations from friends, family, and area businesses.
Come talk to Student Activities if you have any questions or thoughts! We do require you to let us know if you ARE planning to do fundraising. This way, we can ensure all University policies are followed (especially through Bake Sales and donations from area businesses).
Monthly Leadership Tip from LEAD Team
Leaders need to constantly keep communication open in order to accomplish tasks efficiently and on time, especially when working with a team. Beyond accomplishing tasks, a culture of open communication helps group members feel more comfortable speaking their minds and sharing feedback with one another.
Good communication will:
- Reduce the likelihood of tasks being left undone,
- Confusion of responsibilities, and
- Promote healthy working relationships between group members.
For more information, contact LEAD team at email@example.com
Bah Humbug Bingo
Wednesday, Dec. 4th, 9pm
The event offers students an opportunity to learn more about and engage in the issues surrounding HIV/AIDS worldwide while having fun! There will be a variety of prizes, including items and gift cards from local supporting businesses, as well as a grand prize.
All student contributions from the event will be donated to Lifelong AIDS Alliance. The event is aimed to empower students to contribute to a more just and humane world throughout their lives.