By Nathan Lambeth
10 facts about reducing
- The average person creates 4.7 pounds of waste every single day.
- Recycling a 3 foot high stack of newspapers can save one whole tree.
- Newspapers can be reused as wrapping paper for gifts
- Recycled paper takes about 60% LESS energy and water to make than new paper.
- Empty tissue boxes can provide easy and handy storage for plastic grocery bags.
- Recycling plastic saves twice as much energy as it takes to incinerate it.
- Americans use about 2,500,000 plastic bottles every HOUR, and only about 27% of them are recycled.
- There is NO LIMIT to the number of times an aluminum can can be recycled.
- The energy saved by recycling a SINGLE aluminum can will run a TV for 3 hours.
- Recycling 1 ton of aluminum cans conserves the equivalent of 1665 gallons of gasoline