body image, media and self-image
1. body image& beauty- the way you look or think you look. I think everyone is beautiful in their own way.
2. body images are shaped by parents and people around you. can avoid judging others by not saying anything anything and keeping to yourself.
10 facts of self esteem
-Low self-esteem is a thinking disorder in which a person views their selves as less than others not loved.
- in high school 44% of girls and 15% of guys are attempting to lose weight
- Over 70% of girls age 15 to 17 avoid normal daily activities, like going to school when they feel bad about their looks.
- 75% of girls with low self-esteem usually are cutting, bullying, smoking, drinking, or disordered eating.
- About 20% of teens will experience depression before they are adults
-38% of boys in middle school and high school are using protein and about 6% used steroids.
-A girl’s self-esteem is more strongly related to how she views her own body shape and body weight, than how much they actually weigh.
- Studies show that the more reality tv a girl watches, the more likely she is to find appearance important.
- Only 10% of people suffering from an eating disorder will get professional help.
5 steps on how to improve body image
- When you see yourself in a mirror or in your mind, dont focus on specific body parts. See yourself as you want others to see you–as a whole person
- surround yourself to positive people