WIDA 101: An Overview
Objectives for the day:
- Understand why WIDA ELD Standards were adopted
- Participate in Student Profile Activities
- Examine the Guiding Principles of Language Development
- Understand the WIDA Performance Definitions and Features of Academic Language
- Understand how to use the Can Do Descriptors, including the Key Uses
- Practice transforming and creating Model Performance Indicators (MPIs)
This is a multi-faceted approach that is solid and worthy of application with ALL students! If you haven't had a chance to learn about WIDA and you need to know NOW, join SIEC Director of Professional Learning, DeAnne Taggart, for this session.
Tuesday, Aug. 29th, 9am-3pm
Southern Indiana Education Center 1102 Tree Lane Drive, Jasper, IN 47546
*Lunch is included in the registration fee and 6 PGPs will be provided for the day.
*Please bring a laptop for easy access to online resources.
*Registration fee is $75 for ESC Members and $105 for non-members.
*See registration link below.