2021-2022 - Wednesday, August 11, 2021
From the Principal:
With the rise of COVID-19 cases in our community, we continue to encourage hand washing and staying home when sick. Wearing a mask or face covering, while optional, is also encouraged.
These measures helped keep our schools open last year, and we are confident they can help slow the spread this year.
Masks are encouraged, but optional.
Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan
Self-Prescreening: To ensure the health and safety of all students and staff, all individuals should conduct self pre-screening for COVID-19 symptoms. Individuals waiting for COVID-19 test results due to symptoms or individuals currently experiencing any of the symptoms listed that are new and/or not normal for them, should stay home and consider seeking medical care and/or COVID-19 testing. Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 include:
- cough or shortness of breath
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- significant muscle pain or body aches
- loss of taste or smell in the last 10 days
- diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0F
- No employee, student, or visitor is required to wear a mask or face covering.
- All employees, students, and visitors are encouraged to wear a mask or face covering.
- The CDC recommends all individuals wear a mask or face covering in public settings, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people during periods when there are high levels of community spread.
- Conroe ISD expects all students, employees, and visitors to respect the choice of others regarding the wearing of masks or face coverings.
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- Students are considered tardy if not in classroom seat by the 8:50 tardy bell
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:30 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:30 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:35 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
- The District prohibits pictures, emblems, or writings on clothing that are any of the following: lewd, violent, suggestive, offensive, vulgar or obscene, or advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages drugs, or any other substance prohibited under FNCF(LEGAL).
- Halter-tops, muscle shirts, and spaghetti-straps tops are not permitted unless covered by another shirt.
- Midriff shirts, or shirts exposing the midsection of the body, are not permitted.
- It is suggested that Make-up/cosmetics not be worn and make-up/cosmetics will not be applied at school.
- Hats are not to be worn inside a school.
- Hoods to hoodie sweaters should not be worn inside the building.
- Spandex clothing, yoga pants and leggings are to be worn under other outerwear (for example a sweatshirt, t-shirt) that covers the torso and approaches midthigh.
- Pants/shorts may not be worn lower than undergarments.
- Students who choose to wear shorts to school must wear them so that they approach midthigh. When an oversize shirt is worn with shorts the shorts should be visible.
- Flip flops may not be worn during P.E. classes.
- Girls may wish to wear shorts under their dresses.
- Dresses, skirts, and shorts should be of appropriate length (approach a student's knees) and tights should accompany shorter dresses, skirts or shorts.
If administration determines that a student’s grooming or clothing violates the school’s dress code, the student will be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school and return to the classroom. If the problem cannot be corrected at school, the school will work with the student and parent to obtain an acceptable change of clothing for the student in a way that minimizes loss of instructional time. Until the situation is corrected, the student may be assigned to an alternate setting.
Wednesday, August 11th
- First Day of School
Friday, August 13th
- Robotics Application Due (more information found below)
Thursday, August 26th
- 5th Grade Parent Information Night 6:00 - 6:45 PM
- 6th Grade Parent Information Night 7:10 - 7:55 PM
Monday, September 6th
- Labor Day - School Holiday
Thursday, September 9th
- Collins Individual Student Pictures (for Yearbook)
- College Park High School Homecoming Game
Wednesday, September 22nd
- Read for a Better Life
Friday, October 1st
- Fall Frenzy
Thursday, October 7th
- End of First Grading Period
Friday, October 8th and Monday, October 11th
- Student Holiday
Thursday, October 28th
- Class Pictures & Yearbook Picture Make-Up/Re-Take
Monday, November 11th - Friday, November 26th
- Thanksgiving Break
Friday, December 17th
- Student Early Dismissal
- Last Day of Second Grading Period
Monday, December 20th - Tuesday, January 4th
- Winter Break
Wednesday, January 5th
- First Day of the Second Semester
Monday, January 17th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - School Holiday
Thursday, January 28th
- Club and Group Picture Day
- Spring Individual Picture Day
Friday, February 18th - Monday, February 21st
- Student Holiday (President's Day 2/21/22)
Thursday, March 10th
- End of Third Grading Period
Tuesday, April 5th
- 5th STAAR Math
Wednesday, April 6th
- 5th STAAR Reading
Thursday, April 7th - Friday, April 8th
- 5th Grade STAAR Make-Up Testing Days
Friday, March 11th - Friday, March 18th
- Spring Break
Friday, April 15th - Monday, April 18th
- School Holiday
Tuesday, May 10th
- 6th STAAR Math
- 5th STAAR Math Retest
Wednesday, May 11th
- 6th STAAR Reading
- 5th STAAR Reading Retest
Thursday, May 12th
- 5th STAAR Science
- 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Friday, May 13th
- 5th and 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Thursday, May 26th
- Last Day of School - Student Early Dismissal
- End of Fourth Grading Period
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.