Foundation 2 News
Friday 21st March 2014
Tasting new things
Eric enjoys eating the traditional Thai salad
Louisa helps Mr Ainscow to measure the olive oil to our Turkish bread recipe
Learning all about Turkey
Deniz gives a detailed and exciting presentation all about Turkey
Elody and Eloise have a new 'do' at the Hairdresser's
Isabella and Hamad
Kneading their dough which then became Turkish bread
A special visitor from Thailand
Charlie's mummy gave a taste of Thailand by showing us how to make a delicious Thai salad
This week's award winners
Next week we will...
- travel to Mexico and China through our story My Granny went to market
- writing numbers
- addition and subtraction in practical situations
- make a Chinese dragon
Summit Days (24th & 25th March)
For those children who will not be able to make it in to school on the Monday and Tuesday, we have created a list of suggested activities to enjoy at home. If you do manage to complete one or more of the activities then you would be most welcome to bring in something to show on the Wednesday to share with us at school.
- draw a picture of yourself on a magic carpet adventure from a country of your choice
- cook something traditional from your own country
- play a board game that involves counting
- outdoor playtime - throwing and catching, running or riding your bike
- build a model using construction toys
You might like to start thinking about what your child might wear for our annual International Day on Thursday 10th April. It can be an outfit from your native country or somewhere you may have lived before or even visited. The Parade will take place on the morning of International Day and parents are welcome to come and watch.
There will also be an international Day lunch which the class parents will be coordinating.