Middle School North Newsletter
Week of January 23, 2022
BAND SIGN-UP FOR ALL 6TH GRADE STUDENTS.
Band Recruitment will be Monday, January 24, and Saturday, January 29 in the CMSN gym and cafeteria.
Students will sign up for a time slot to allow for social distancing. Use the link below to register for a time slot.
Chromebooks, Devices, and Social Media Awareness
We are very blessed to provide every student with a chromebook that can be used at school and home. We can easily monitor chromebook violations at school, but not while students are home. We are seeing many students on their Chromebooks late at night and early in the morning. In many of these cases students are on inappropriate sites, or playing online games. We ask that you help your student to be prepared for learning each day and practice good digital citizenship by monitoring their chromebook use at home.
Social Media is another area that continues to be a concern. Tiktok, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, and many other platforms are not age appropriate for Middle School Students. Here at school we are daily resolving conflict and bullying issues that stem from students communicating on these platforms. While students aren't allowed on these sites, or even able to access their cellular devices at school, many are using them at home. Please monitor your students device. CMSN counselors and administration are happy to help you with ways to monitor this from home.
We will have pairs on sale in the Bookstore before school each day for $1.50.
Cold weather does not always stop us from going outside for recess and wellness. If the temperature or wind chill is 32 degrees or below we will keep students inside. Lots of students are still wearing shorts. We want students to stay safe and healthy. We ask that you send students in pants and with a coat during the winter season.
If your child is in need of a coat or winter clothing please contact the counseling center.
Dress Code Reminders
The Cabot Public Schools Student Handbook states that the following is prohibited:
- Pants with holes more than four inches above the knee with exposed skin or undergarments
Students not in compliance with dress code with receive a reminder for the first offence. Any offense thereafter will result in a call home for a change of clothes.
How to keep up When Your Child is Quarantined
Utilize Google Classroom
- Every assignment is posted in Google Classroom.
- Every student logs into this program daily from school so they know their passwords.
- You as the parent can access their Google Classroom using your child's login.
- If your child is saying they don't know their password please contact their teacher or reach out to our registaur. We have that information for you!
- Don't assume that when a student submits an assignment in Google Classroom that they completed it. Always open the submission and check their work.
- Grades are posted in HAC.
- This is where parents can go to see grades.
- Teachers update grades weekly.
- If you need help getting into HAC please contact our registuare
Please see the attachments below to help you if your child is quarantined
Google Classroom Support Link:
Counseling Center Corner
New Parent Guidance Website!!!
Parentguidance.org - Free Parenting courses provided by Cook Center
This site will help you with guidance as a parent on a variety of topics.
One that we have reviewed and find very helpful as a first watch is called
“How Digital Media is Changing Our Children’s Mental Health” (link below)
-Trusted resource for parents with over 50 courses that are anonymous; library by topic