The North News
Monthly Parent/Student Newsletter - October 2022
Fall Picture Retakes are Friday, Oct 7
Red Ribbon Week...October 24-28
DID YOU KNOW?
Children of parents who talk to their teens regularly about drugs are 42% less likely to use drugs than those who don't; yet, only a quarter of teens report having these conversations.
Red Ribbon Week, the oldest and largest drug prevention campaign in the nation, is your opportunity to get the ongoing conversation started.
This year's theme is Celebrate Life. Live Drug Free.
Visit www.redribbon.org to learn more about Red Ribbon Week and get tips for talking to your kids about drugs. The life you save may be that of your own child or a dear friend.
- Monday: Dress to Impress - "We'll IMPRESS ourselves and others by staying drug free"
- Tuesday: Twin Day - "Double down against drugs."
- Wednesday: Holiday Day - "Celebrate being drug-free" (wear your favorite holiday colors or a holiday-themed shirt/hat) -
- Thursday: Decades Day - "Drugs are SOOOO out of style" (wear clothes from any previous decade)
- Friday: Neon Day - "We're too BRIGHT for drugs" (wear neon clothes)
MNMS is designated a Title School...what does this mean?
Title 1 ensures that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, prociency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
MNMS Needs Assessment Parent Survey (please complete)
Title I Parent Informational Meeting - Monday, October 24 @ 5:30 p.m. - MNMS Library
Title I Parent Involvement Policy
The Mustang School District’s Title I program encourages each Title I parent to be involved in
their child’s education. This policy outlines the parent involvement activities that will be
conducted during the school year.
Title I FAMILY-SCHOOL COMPACT (click for more information)
Parent resources are also available on district and teacher websites.
MPS Family Help Center linked HERE.
MNMS Student Arrival/Departure Times
Classes are 8:40 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
The building is open 8:10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. each day
Please do not drop students off or allow students who walk to school to arrive prior to 8:10.
Students are not allowed to walk/ride bike coming from the west due to safety concerns.
Students coming from the east should stay on the sidewalks and cross 15th Street at the crossing guard in front of Creek Elementary.
If you are coming to MNMS, please come through the Front Doors and check in at the office.
Please note that students should not be checked out at the end of the day after 3:05 p.m..
Need help with Canvas?
*Helpful Hint: Students need to view Canvas in CARD VIEW (not List View) to access the weekly modules.
1) Open a tab and go to Google.com
2) Log into your school Google account
3) Go to mustangps.instructure.com
4) Be sure you are in CARD VIEW
5) Click on a class.
6) Click on Modules (blue link to the left) to access the week's work.