A Weekly Communication Tool for Rice Elementary Staff
- Ensuring ALL students are in attendance.
- Cultivating a climate that welcomes students and parents.
- Creating opportunities for students to use and increase critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Moving from Parent Involvement to Parent Engagement.
Staff Shout Outs
To the very best staff that gives everything they have to the students at Rice. You have begun a great work this year and we will finish strong.
Coach Bearden and the Men of Honor are competing in the Terrain Race this Saturday. They have trained hard and are ready to rock this!!!
Mrs. Patterson has to finalists in the Pearl Fincher Art Contest!
Team Rooms and grade level shelves have never looked better!!! Thank you for putting the time in to clean and organize.
Week at a Glance: March 19th-23rd
Specials A Week
2nd Grade PLC
4th Grade PLC
Coaches @ Jim Knight Training
Malinda @Principal's Meeting
3:30-Bilingual TASK Force Meeting
3rd Grade PLC
9:30-Dr. Phillips Campus Visit
3rd Grade Math CA #6
1st Grade PLC
8:30-Pennies for Patients Closing Pep Rally
9:00 & 1:00-Attendance Movie and Popcorn
Staff Attendance Incentive Drawing
Notes from Malinda
Rest, Relax, and Re-charge
Take time to re-charge yourself over the break. Do what you love with whom you love. When we return it is a fast sprint to the end and the kids deserve your very best.
Classrooms & Fridge
Please make sure your rooms are left clean and in order. Also, take any food you want saved out of the Fridge. It will be cleaned out over the break.
Spring Break Energy Conservation
Before you leave the building, please:
- CLOSE blinds before leaving for break to prevent heat loss through windows
- TURN OFF lights and UNPLUG non-computer electrical devices in your offices and classrooms (remember the storage areas)
- REMOVE all items hanging from the ceiling that may trigger light motion sensors
- TURN OFF all computer monitors, printers, smart boards and projectors
- EMPTY personal refrigerators and UNPLUG EVERY personal appliance