A weekly newsletter for LVES Parents
April 8, 2016 - Issue 30
Lago Vista Intermediate School Parent Meeting
Family Fun Night at PDQ
Jog-A-Thon is Friday!!
All students will need to wear tennis shoes and comfortable (dress code appropriate) clothing on Friday. Water will be available, but it would be a great idea to pack an extra water bottle and apply sunscreen on Friday.
Pre-K and Kindergarten Registration Still Happening
Even though Pre-K and Kindergarten Round Up is over, you can still register your incoming student! If you were unable to attend Round Up yesterday, or know someone who has an incoming Pre-K or Kindergarten student, please contact Veronica Fidencio to get your child registered.
Field Day for K, 1st and 2nd Grades - April 22nd
All Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade classes will travel over to the track at LVHS on Friday, April 22nd for Field Day. Coach Dachowski and Coach Lash have organized a fun day of stations for our students. Please look for an information letter and permission slip in your child's folder in the coming weeks. Students must have a permission signed and returned in order to travel to the LVHS for Field Day. Since students will be participating in multiple activities, please make sure your child dresses appropriately and wears tennis shoes. All clothing must be within the student dress code. The Texas sun can be hot, so please be sure to apply sunscreen on your child. If you would have any questions, please contact Coach D at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order for this event to run smoothly, Coach D and Coach Lash need volunteers. If you would like to volunteer, please click on the following link:
3rd and 4th grade classes will have Field Day on Friday, May 20th.
Dress Code Reminders
It's always a good idea to leave the sandals, flip flops and dress shoes at home, as our students have PE and/or recess everyday. Tennis shoes are a much safer shoe option for our LVES Vikings, especially on PE days.
LVISD Monthly Character Trait...
How are you showing Integrity? Read the Counselor's Corner to find out what students are learning about how to be responsible with Ms. Box.
Classes are learning what integrity looks like this month by viewing several video clips. In one video, a little boy breaks a fragile glass giraffe and hides it in his brother’s sock drawer. His mother comes along to find it later. The class and I discuss all of his choices and what he should have done instead. The kids all agree that he did not act with integrity and he should have gone to his mother as soon as he broke it. We also discuss how hiding it and lying about it was worse than the original mistake of breaking it. This example demonstrates that having integrity can be difficult at times but still so important in order for people to trust us.
- Monday, April 11th - OPEN
- Tuesday, April 12th- OPEN
- Wednesday, April 13th - Michael Bridges
- Thursday, April 14th - OPEN
- Friday, April 15th - Parson Townsend,
Weekly Attendance Rate
Our weekly attendance goal is 97%.
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Kim Box, Counselor
Gina Carmichael, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Eric Holt, Assistant Principal
- April 11th - Lago Vista Intermediate School Parent Meeting, 6:00 pm at Viking Hall
- April 12th - LVES Family Fun Night at PDQ, 4pm - 9pm
- April 14th - GT Showcase, 6:00 - 7:30 pm
- April 15th - Jog-A-Thon
- April 18th - Bad Weather Day, No school for students and staff
- April 22nd - Field Day for Kinder, 1st, and 2nd grades at High School Track
- April 27th - Spring Picture Retakes and 3rd and 4th Grade Group photos
- May 5th - Cinco de Mayo Food Tasting
- May 9th - STAAR Math test for all 3rd and 4th Grade Students - limited visitors please
- May 10th - STAAR Reading test for all 3rd and 4th Grade Students - limited visitors please
- May 13th - PTO Mother/Son Sock Hop
- May 18th - 4th Grade Field Trip to Symphony
- May 20th - Field Day for 3rd and 4th Grades
- May 20th - Ocean Week Opening Ceremonies - 2:00 pm in cafeteria
- May 23rd - 27th - OCEAN WEEK 2016
- May 24th - 4th Grade Field Trip to Inner Space Caverns
- May 26th - Learning Showcase, 5:30-7:00 pm
- May 30th - Memorial Day Holiday, No School for Students and Staff
- June 1st - Early Dismissal at 11:30, no pm PPCD or Pre-K classes
- June 1st - Faculty vs. 3rd Grade Kick Ball Game, 8:30 am
- June 2nd - Last Day of School, Early Dismissal at 11:30, no pm PPCD or Pre-K classes
- June 2nd - Farewell Walk for 3rd and 4th Grade Students, 11:00 am
- June 2nd - Faculty vs. 4th Grade Kick Ball Game, 8:30 am