Seeing the big picture
What is a concept map?
Concept maps are just what it sounds like, but no, they don't help you navigate through the roads. Instead they guide you through your notes and thoughts.
- Concept maps are a graph-like nodes to organize thoughts.
- They generally highlight the main topics then branch off into subtopics.
- They are labelled by hierarchy, differences, cause and effect, and etc.
Why use a concept map?
To see the big picture!
- Concept maps are a visual way to lay out thoughts, ideas, and outcomes
How to use a concept map?
1st- plan it out!
2nd- get mapping!
3rd- review and connect!
Make it interesting!
- use different colors, lines, and other aesthetically pleasing symbols to show the relationships of topic.
- include notes such as specific details or formulas
- review the map to make sure everything is clear and concise. Make sure if anything isn't clear to you, you go back, review topic, and add additional detail to map.
- Create your own concept map.
- Be creative