The Soto Scoop
Seek Excellence, Achieve Results
This is Random Acts of Kindness Week. Lets lift each other as we embrace this wonderful time of year. What random act of kindness will make your day? How will we show each other and our students kindness this week?
With just 28 days until our first STAAR exam and four months until the end of the school-year, we are well on our path to success. We are tailoring interventions based on tutoring, continuously progress monitoring to adjust our instruction, and giving students our best by teaching with excellence and our hearts. Together, we will be successful!
A few notes and reminders--
- Based on your feedback, this week we will have "Tutoring Planning" afterschool. This time should allow you to make sure tutoring and other interventions are data driven and effective. Administration and campus coaches will be available to support.
- Based on your feedback, PLC meetings will continue to be led by grade-level chairs and strive to answer our four guiding questions--What do we expect students to learn? How will we know they are learning? How will we respond when they do not learn? How will we respond if they already know it?
- TEI News: Some effectiveness levels require a minimum number of creditable years of service (CYS). Data recorded in Oracle will be used for this purpose. If you have not submitted service records from another district, they should be submitted by March 1. Creditable Years of Service can be verified in Oracle under "Notice of Assignment and Salary."
- Registration for the spring semester ACP viewing began on Thursday, February 4th. All students teaching a course with a spring semester ACP are strongly encouraged to attend. Teachers may register by visiting the assessment website at assessment.dallasisd.org
- The Credit Union of Texas announced a $20,000 scholarship for district educators. Educators looking for resources to continue their education may be candidates for a new scholarship created by Credit Union of Texas in honor of retired district administrator William H. Cotton. The $20,000 scholarship is available solely to Dallas ISD staff. The deadline to apply is Feb. 29, 2016. Requirements, links to the scholarship application and other details are available on the district’s Staff Page.
- Check out upcoming PD available to all staff below!
A Week in Review
We celebrated Mrs. Garza and everything she does for our campus. She received many cards, sweet hugs, and gifts of appreciation. Well deserved!
Soto Teacher Academy
Soto's own Teacher Academy began this past week! Teacher's signed up to be recorded and share best practices to begin our very own video library. Recordings are now available. Please see our CIC's to sign-up and check it out.
100th Day of School
Kindergarten and first-grade spearheaded the celebration of the 100th day of school, but we all enjoyed it via classroom activities and seeing colorful decorations.