Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of November 16th - 20th / 23rd - 24th
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Tuesday, Nov. 17 –- 8th Grade Parent Meeting in Cafeteria @ 6:00 PM
Thursday, Nov. 19 –- Girls Basketball @ Acton (5:00 PM) / Boys Basketball @ Tison (5:00 Pm)
Thursday/Friday, Nov. 19-20 -- NGC Counselors visit Health/Keyboarding Classes
Friday, Nov. 20 -- Tison Band Movie Night Party (4:00 - 7:00 PM)
Tuesday, Nov. 24 -- EARLY RELEASE @ 12:15 PM
Wednesday - Friday, Nov. 25- 27 -- THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY
CONCESSION STAND VOLUNTEERS
We need your help at the Tison Basketball Games!
We are currently signing up workers for both the girls and boys basketball games that are played at Tison. Please use the following link to sign up and help out!
Basketball Concession Stand Volunteer Sign-up: http://vols.pt/fLQsTd
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Erin Ladesic, 8th Grader
Erin was nominated by a Tison staff member because of her kindness and helpfulness toward those students at Tison who need an extra hand. The Tison staff member had this to say about Erin, "She jumps right in to help a special needs student that is in some of her classes. She doesn't have to be asked she just does it."
In order to get to know Erin a little better, she completed a student version of the questionnaire - "20 Questions in 60 Seconds". Below are her answers:
1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
2. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names?
dog, his names Buddy
3. If you could have the perfect birthday party, what would it be?
with all of my family and friends
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite kind of candy?
white truffles to be specific
6. What is your favorite color?
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
8. What do you want to be when you get older? Why?
OBGYN I see it as a miracle happening
9. What is one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?
10. What is your favorite thing to study at school?
I'm not sure
11. What do you like to do for fun?
12. Do you prefer to spend your time inside or outside?
Depends on the day. I tend to be inside I suppose.
13. What do you like to do as soon as you get home from school?
14. What is your favorite TV show? Why?
Pretty Little Liars. Drama.
15. What is your favorite movie? Why?
Because of Win-Dixie. I like how the main character thinks.
16. What is the best toy that you ever had?
17. What is your favorite restaurant?
18. Who has the best kids' meal toys right now?
I'm not sure. I'm thinking McDonalds
19. What is your favorite book?
Because of Winn-Dixie
20. What is your favorite video game?
An old game called Viva pinata. It's about gardening and weird animals as pinata's. I don't know about anyone else I just find it fun.
STAFF SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Matt Novikoff -- Inclusion Teacher/Resource Math
Matt has been a teacher at Tison for a long time and has lots of fans from students and staff alike! Matt filled out the "20 Questions in 60 Seconds" survey -- check out the questions he was able to answer.
1. What three traits define you?
chill, fit, reliable
2. What is your personal philosophy?
enjoy your life
3. What's one thing you couldn't live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
6. What is your greatest fear?
owing people anything
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
be at the beach/workout
9. Where is the best place you've traveled to and why?
Hawaii -- beach and atmosphere
10. What's the weirdest job you've ever had?
too many to mention...working at a farm
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
lead by example
12. Which one would you want most -- flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
14. What would you do (for a career) if you weren't doing this?
something at the beach
15. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
16. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
don't specialize in one or two things, do it all
17. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
dude, cool, whatever
18. How do you define success?
being financially independent/not needing a job
19. What is the best book you have ever read?
20. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
my degree is in finance
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)