Focus 1: We believe all children can learn at high levels
Focus 2: We believe educators matter
Focus 3: We believe all students will be prepared for post high school success.
Focus 4: We believe in developing community partnerships.
5 Years: CCSD is committed to establishing a guaranteed and viable curriculum for all students with a comprehensive, multi-tiered system of supports.
10 Years: CCSD is committed to providing all students with a competency-based education.
Building Improvement Goals for 2015-2016:
Through implementing research-based instructional strategies, we will…
Goal 1: By the end of the year, 89% of all students’ final grades will be C or higher.
Goal 2: By the end of the year, our graduation rate will be at least 94%.
Goal 3: By the end of the year, 100% of Prairie High School students will present their understandings of 3 Universal Constructs to an audience.
Attached here are some anonymous excerpts from the emails I received from Our Kids about their obstacles. This is not for public consumption but is important to understand some of their obstacles. I am proud of them for sharing such personal stories.
- to those of you that continue to be involved with Our Kids in the assemblies. Our Kids behavior has improved and it is a direct connection to your support for them! Thank you!
- to the teachers that shared their thoughts/questions at the class assemblies. You keep helping me with what I forget! Thank you!
- COMMIT TO EXCELLENCE
- Wed Oct 21 is the next New Teacher's Meeting.
- Wed Oct 21 during HR is the Junior Academic Awards Assembly
- Wed Oct 28 during HR is the Senior Academic Awards Assembly
- Fri Oct 30 is a Faculty Meeting for all teachers in the Presentation Room
- Check out the picture here from Mike Dankert. Awesome example of Our Kids owning an Extension. The kids were deciding ways to support kids from other countries. One example they chose was to have everyone write on the board how to write "The sky is blue" in their native language.
- Oct 25- Sue Ebel
Bus Duty this week!
- Debbie Erenberger
- Paul Knaus
- Jeff Gordon
Activities This Week!!
Monday Oct 19
Tuesday Oct 20
- 5:30 pm - Girls JV/Soph Volleyball @ WEast
- 7 pm - Girls Varsity Volleyball @ WEast
Wednesday Oct 21
- 10:30 am - Junior Academic Assembly during HR
Thursday Oct 22
- 3:30 pm - Boys and Girls Cross Country Districts @TBD
Friday Oct 23
- 5 pm - Sophomore Football @Ottumwa
- 7:15 pm - Varsity Football @Ottumwa
Saturday Oct 24
- 8 am - Band and Choir IHSMA All-State Music Auditions @Somewhere near by...
- 8 am - Prairie Dance Team's Stack the Stands @HOME
- 9 am - Girls Sophomore Volleyball CRANDIC Tournament @CRKennedy