Early Childhood Happenings
St Charles CUSD 303 Early Childhood Department
FOX RIDGE - D303 EARLY CHILDHOOD
Playgroups at Fox Ridge Family Resource Center
Remaining sessions for 22-23 School Year:
April 18, 25
May 2, 9, 16, 23
Preschool for All
Applications are currently being accepted for CUSD 303's Preschool for All Program, which is funded by the Illinois State Board of Education, for the 2023-24 school year. The program provides a school experience for young children ages 3-5 years old (not eligible for Kindergarten) at Fox Ridge Early Childhood Center.
TIPS FOR YOUR FAMILY WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
ST CHARLES AREA FREE EVENTS
St. Charles Public Library
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Learning to read begins long before kindergarten. Reading to your child is one of the best ways to boost their brainpower. Any child from birth to entering kindergarten can participate in this self-paced early literacy program.
Come into the Library to sign up and get a paper log. Check in at the Library when you finish a log and move your canoe up our pretend river. When you finish 1,000 books, you’ll receive a fun, musical prize!
If you read just one book per day, you will reach 1,000 before the child is three years old. Join us on this journey to help create a brighter future for your child.
St. Charles Public Library
Unless otherwise noted (with an address) all programs for ALL AGES and are at the St. Charle Public Library at One Sixth Ave, St. Charles. Ages 7 and below with Caregiver
- Apr 15 Loose Parts Play from 10 - 10:30 am in the Miller Haase Community Room
- Apr 16 Big Blue Block Party from 12 - 4 pm in the Hellen Gale Story Room
- Apr 29 Express Yourself! from 3 - 3:45 pm in the Miller Haase Community Room
- May 1 StoryWalk® All Day at LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve, 37W700 Dean St.
- May 5 Twinleaf Tales from 10 - 10:30 am at Hickory Knolls Discovery Center, 3795 Campton Hills Dr., St. Charles
- May 10 Stories at the Nature Center from 10:30 - 11 am at the Creek Bend Nature Center at LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve
- May 13 Express Yourself! from 3 - 3:45 pm in the Miller Haase Community Room
- May 18 Stories Under the Stars from 6:30 - 7:00 pm in the Terrace Garden
- May 19 Spring Has Sprung! from 10 am - 12 pm in Youth Services - *Just for little ones 5 and under*
- May 21 Big Blue Block Party from 12 - 4 pm in the Helen Gale Story Room
Family Story Time in the Miller Haase Community Room
from 10 - 10:30 am
Mondays: May 1, 8, 15
Thursdays: May 4, 11, 18
Saturday, May 13
Coming Soon: Summer Reading 2023: Find Your Voice!
May 22 - August 21
Adult Learning - GED, English, Citizenship
Starnet Family Webinars
Inclusive Education Series for Families
Join us for the Inclusive Education Series for Families.
April's session focuses on Implementing Inclusion and Next Steps.
Learn about the 8 high priority practices that support inclusion in high quality early childhood programs. We will also talk advocacy and where to find additional resources to better understand, advocate and implement inclusive practices.
Click on this link to register for the April 20 session, 6:30 - 7:30 pm via Zoom: "Implementing Inclusion and Next Steps"
Webinar: Social Coaching at Home
Social Coaching at Home: Learn How to Coach Your Child and Develop Social Emotional Skills in Daily Life
Presenter: Caroline Maguire, M.Ed., ACCG, PCC
April 27 from 7 - 8:30 pm (Webinar)
A parent webinar to train parents how to really teach their children social skills. Parents will find out how they can use simulation and other methods to develop social skills and continue social emotional learning at home.
Parent Training Group
Medicaid or CHIP (All Kids) Coverage
Mobile & Pop-Up Markets
Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry & Pop Up Markets (Drive-thru model)
All Drive Thru Models. No ID or documentation needed. First come, first served while supplies last.
- Apr 15 in Elgin at Elgin Community College, 1700 Spartan Dr., from 9 - 11 am (Pop-Up)
- Apr 19 in Aurora at Our Lady of Mercy, 701 S. Eola Rd, from 4:30 - 6 pm
- Apr 25 in Elgin at Buena Vista Apartments, 1287 Fleetwood Dr. (behind building 1213), from 4-5:30 pm
- May 2 in Elgin at Old Sherman Parking Lot, 901 Center St, from 4 - 5:30 pm
- May 6 in Elgin at Elgin Community College, 1700 Spartan Dr., from 9 - 11 am (Pop-Up)
- May 11 in Carol Stream at Villagebrook Apartments, 278 E. St. Charles Rd, from 4:30 - 6 pm
- May 16 in Elgin at Buena Vista Apartments, 1287 Fleetwood Dr. (behind building 1213), from 4-5:30 pm
- May 17 in Aurora at Our Lady of Mercy, 701 S. Eola Rd, from 4:30 - 6 pm
- May 30 in Wheaton at Immigrant Solidarity, 311 S Naperville Rd, from 4-5:30 pm
iGrow - Support for Parents
Domestic Violence Support Group
St Charles (Tri-City) Salvation Army
The Salvation Army St. Charles (Tri-City) Community Center
1710 S. 7th Avenue
St. Charles, IL 60174
Phone: (630) 377-2769 | Fax: (630) 377-2849
Child Care Assistance Program
Did You Know?
- You can receive 3 months of childcare while you look for work or attend school?
- If you are employed at a childcare center or childcare home, you can receive $1 copay
- There is no copay for families that are displaced?