Third Grade News
Distance Learning Week 7
Weekly Updates 4/27 - 5/1
Be sure to check back here for updates throughout the week. I try to post here instead of sending out as many reminds.
- The last day of school for the 2019-20 School Year will be Wednesday, May 20, 2020, for Waynesville R-VI students in grades K-11.
- Due to the potential for further spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Governor of Missouri has closed schools for the remainder of the school year. Per the state’s direction, “schools will continue remote learning for their students until the end date previously set on their academic calendars;” therefore, virtual learning and packet learning formats will continue through May 29 in the Waynesville R-VI School District. Food service is scheduled to continue through May 29. No decision has been made regarding summer school.
- Please try to get on Moby Max and practice your fact fluency daily. It is important to have your multiplication facts down prior to fourth grade.
- Helpful hint: If a video is not loading, try downloading it to your device.
- Please understand that lessons are not "one size fits all". If you are noticing an assignment is too long or too difficult, feel free to split up the assignment or do every other question
Standard: Figurative Language
Activity 1 Google Form: Ice Cream Figurative Language (Link on google classroom)
Activity 2 Google Form: Pizza Time (Link on google classroom)
Post Test -Figurative Language (Link on google classroom)
Standard: Point of View
Activity 1: Point of View Goggle Form (Link on google classroom)
Standard: Opinion Writing
Please send me a picture or share your child's digital copy first draft. I will be checking for the following items:
Activity 1: Did the student introduce a topic and use connected sentences?
Activity 2: Did the student establish a position and provide reasons for the opinion?
Standard: Earth Human Interactions
Activity 1: Science Book page 90-96
Activity 2: Science Book Pg 100-107
Activity 3: Science Book Pg 110-115
Post Test: Roof Project (Pg 116-117) -Submit your video through flipgrid. Take a picture of the completed workbook pages and send to your teacher though remind.
*Science activity grades were collected during your child's video conference. If you are missing a grade please send me pictures of the lesson check questions.
Activity 1: Pg 707 Go Math (please send a picture of this page through remind)
Activity 2: Pg 733 Go Math (please send a picture of this page through remind)
Post Test: Shapes Post Test (Link on google classroom)
Standard: Our Government
Activity 1: Chp 5 Lesson 1 (pg 153)
Activity 2: Chp 5 Lesson 2 (pg 161)
*Social Studies activity grades were collected during your child's video conference. If you are missing a grade, send a picture of these pictures through remind.
End of the Year Assessments
JUST TRY YOUR BEST> BREATH > YOU GOT THIS!! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Our daily Zoom Meeting will be Monday-Friday from 11:30-12:00.
I will be posting our Zoom link in our Google Classroom and also send it out through Remind. Students will need to meet with me at least once a week. However, they are welcomed to come to as many group conferences as they would like.
Starting Friday 4/24, I will be teaching a cursive letter or two a day. This is a fun way to help us count down to summer! I will also begin a reading Wonder by R.J. Palacio during this time as well.
"The Invisible String" Read Aloud
"People who love each other are always connected by a very special String, made of love. Even though you can't see it with your eyes, you can feel it deep in your heart, and know that you are always connected to the ones you love."