North Coventry Elementary School Parent Newsletter
The Internet has opened the door for our students to the world beyond their home, school, and community. Students now have the ability to perform research, find information, interact and communicate with others as well as keep in touch with family and friends. However, as you know, the Internet can be a dangerous place for students if they do not know how to make safe and smart choices. Parents and educators MUST provide guidance and information to help children understand how to use the Internet in a safe and appropriate way.
Since the use of technology is integrated into all subjects, lessons on digital citizenship take place across our kindergarten - 6th grade curriculum. Specific units of study on digital citizenship are part of 4th - 6th grade library/media classes and the 6th grade health unit on personal safety.
What Is Digital Citizenship Anway?
OJR K-12 Parent Technology Series
Mark your calendar for the following upcoming parent technology programs:
- January 21 – Kids & Technology. The psychological impact with Dr. Brian Schneider.
- March 9 – Social Media hands on instruction for parents by OJR high school students.
- May 16 – Student Tech Showcase
All sessions will begin at 6:30 PM and will be held in the Middle School Auditorium.
- 12/24-1/1 - Winter Break (No School)
- 1/13 - PTO Meeting @ 7 PM
- 1/18 - Holiday (No School)
- 1/22 - PTO Family Fun Night @ 6 PM
- 2/19 PTO Leap Year Luau with Zumba @ 6 PM