Cambridge High School
September 13, 2021
From Ms. Agans: New Mitigation Protocols
Cambridge High School Teachers, Staff, Students and Parents,
To address the current state of the pandemic, the district has created the FCS Mitigation Matrix. As of Wednesday, September 7, the number of COVID cases per 100,000 was 505 in Milton. On Friday, September 10, Milton had 539 cases per 100,000. On Friday, September 10, Fulton County Schools announced the Mitigation Matrix. Our administration team met today to discuss how we will follow the matrix moving forward at Cambridge.
Starting today, Monday, September 13:
- We will not make appointments for face-to-face meetings (we will honor previously scheduled meetings). All meetings with parents and outside groups will be conducted via Teams.
- To check out a student (planned doctors/dentist/other appointments), the student must bring in a note from a parent in the morning. The student will go to the Attendance Office before classes begin to get a pass to leave class and will be allowed to exit at the appropriate time to leave the building. Parents will not come into the building for checkouts.
- Parents will continue to do drop-off items via the cart outside the front entrance.
- Field trips will be limited.
- All inside Athletics or Performances will be held with a limited capacity (50% max.).
- Clubs with large membership should meet outside. If meeting indoors, temperature checks should be taken and recorded. The size of the group should determine the meeting space.
- No food or drinks are allowed in classrooms.
- At lunch, when students are done eating, they must mask up.
- PTSA, CAA, or Booster groups who need to access the mailroom are requested to do so only on Fridays between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. We ask that you have one representative pick up any mail or packages and distribute them to the group to prevent multiple visitors
Starting Monday, September 20, 2021:
All students will be assigned to a teacher during the lunch period. Students will be assigned (by the teacher) to “A” Lunch or “B” Lunch during their lunch period. When not in their assigned lunch period, students will go to the assigned teacher for study hall. This will limit the number of students in the cafeteria and shared spaces. All tables will be labeled “A” or “B,” and students will sit at the appropriate “A” or “B” table based on their lunch period. This will ensure students are always at clean tables and give custodians time to clean between lunches properly.
We will go back to a one-way hall system. We will re-use the system we had in place at the beginning of last year. Signage will go up by the end of the week.
The administration team will continue to look at other mitigation policies. If the number of cases continues to climb, other procedures may be put into place, including modifying the bell schedule for longer and staggered pass times, lunch in classrooms with grab-and-go meals from the cafeteria, cancellation of all field trips, limited capacity at all events (whether indoor or outdoor).
Team, we must all #BeTheBridge. We must all be BRAVE by wearing our masks at all times. We must be RESPECTFUL that while many students will only have mild symptoms, they can spread the virus to students who live with immunocompromised siblings, parents, grandparents, or loved ones. We must be INVOLVED in making decisions that keep everyone safe, like frequently washing hands and keeping a distance when possible. We must be DETERMINED to protect ourselves and protect others. We must be GENEROUS in doing the right thing for those around us. We must be ENGAGED in learning all we can on how to mitigate the spread of COVID.
I know our community is divided on this issue. Regardless of your feelings, I hope you know that our job is to keep students, teachers, staff safe. Students cannot learn if they do not feel safe. I am asking ALL of us to follow the policy set forth by the district. When the numbers go down, the restrictions and mandates will go down. For now, let us all be supportive and #BeTheBridge to a safer, healthier tomorrow.
Ms. Ashley Agans
Cambridge High School
Important Check Out Reminder
When students are not feeling well during the day they must go to the clinic first. If needed, parents/guardians will be notified, or a student should be checked out at that time.
District Changes to Transcripts
Due to a recent change in the format of transcripts by the District, we are holding all transcripts being sent to colleges until the District has made a final decision on the format. Out of caution, we have not sent any transcripts at the time. We will update you when we can start processing transcript requests. In the meantime, please continue making transcript request in Naviance.
Fulton Virtual and Georgia Virtual Classes
Students taking semester one ("A") of an online class now should go ahead and register for semester two (“B”) for that online class. In addition, if students are in an online semester-long class, students should elect another online semester-long class at this time.
This is especially important for seniors to ensure all classes seniors are taking are on their transcript when it is sent to a college. Students need to register for all second-semester classes to ensure their transcript accurately reflects all classes. Not having the correct classes needed for graduation and/or graduation requirements may hinder your college admissions.
Grade Level Advisement Videos
The Counseling Department has made available grade-level informational videos. Parents and students are encouraged to view these videos to obtain pertinent information about graduation requirements, HOPE Scholarship, College Admissions, and Naviance, and more.
Naviance Student Presentation/Help Sessions
Cambridge Counseling Department is hosting three help sessions on Friday, September 17, 2021, for seniors on how to:
- Navigate Naviance to send transcripts to colleges, request letters of recommendation
- Common App matching
- Requesting school forms
- Completing the Mandatory Senior Information Survey (needed by counselors and teachers to write the recommendation) and how to fill out college-related forms
Students should join the Counselors during all three lunch periods in the Counseling Office.
PSAT and SAT Test Prep
There are several opportunities to prepare students for the PSAT and SAT. For more information on these test prep resources and to register, visit:
Student Success Skills Inventory
The Student Success Skills Inventory will be used to measure student growth across success skill standards as a result of ReThink Ed lessons. Students will complete the 15-20 item inventory between September 13, 2021 – September 24, 2021, and will take about 15 minutes to complete. The inventory will be pushed out to students in grades 3-12 using the Illuminate platform. Parents can choose to opt their students out of the inventory. To opt-out, parents must complete the attached form by Friday, September 17 at 4:00 pm.
2022 Graduation Package
- Cambridge custom graduation gown
- Stole with the Cambridge crest insignia
- Cap and 2022 tassel
- Diploma and diploma cover
- Venue fee
Late Start Monday
Student Class Meetings
#BeTheBridge with GENEROUS praise to a teacher or staff member who has made a difference in your life or the life of your child. Complete the form below, and we will RESPECTFULLY recognize their hard work and support!
Virtual College Visits at Cambridge
Juniors and Seniors are invited to meet with college representatives through our Virtual College Visits. Students can see all upcoming college visits on their Naviance Dashboard found on Classlink. Students can register by:
- Clicking on the college visit, they are interested in attending 24 hours in advance to register.
- Students will receive a registration email with the date, time, and link to the virtual college visit.
- Students can show their teacher the registration email at the designated time and go to the Media Center to listen to the presentation.
View a list of all upcoming college visits are listed at the link below. Please register as soon as possible. Virtual College Visits
If you miss one of the virtual sessions, you can still get the important information by viewing the minutes taken during each college visit. College Visit Minutes
Bears & Birdies Golf Classic
The Cambridge Baseball Diamond Club is proud to announce our 8th Annual Bears & Birdies Golf Classic, including a Silent Auction, Cooking & Food Pairing Event, and Dinner and Happy Hour.
Your participation and generous donations help pay the significant cost of a successful baseball season, including the huge expense of maintaining and improving our field and hitting facility. Your contribution not only benefits today's players but those for years to come!
The Bears & Birdies Golf Classic is being held rain or shine on Tuesday, October 19, 2021, at The Manor Golf & Country Club.
To help students and parents prepare for the new year, we have provided all the information needed for a successful year at Cambridge High school in our new Student and Parent Handbook.